IGNORED

Elite 3 make a huge difference

I bought my Venture last fall and the front tire was getting worn out. He had replaced the back tire with a stock 404 just before I purchased it. I finally got around to getting a new front tire and wow - what a difference in handling! Almost as good as installing the links.

I bought my Venture last fall and the front tire was getting worn out. He had replaced the back tire with a stock 404 just before I purchased it. I finally got around to getting a new front tire and wow - what a difference in handling! Almost as good as installing the links.

Do you have both front and rear E3 tires or rear D404 and front E3?

I had swapped out the previous owner's D404 shyte tires with E3's and get great life and handling from them.. impressive tires..

I still have the 404 in the rear. It only has 2,000 miles on it.

I'd never been a fan of dissimilar tires on a bike.. honestly don't know if that makes a diff in handling or safety but with two E3's you'll really notice the difference..

My new EIII front tire should be here today!! wooohoooo...... I have over 21k on my front Avon and its cupping pretty bad, thought I would give the EIII a try and see how it does, They are some great looking tires, so we`ll see if they last as long as the Avon.

:fingers-crossed-emo

My new EIII front tire should be here today!! wooohoooo...... I have over 21k on my front Avon and its cupping pretty bad, thought I would give the EIII a try and see how it does, They are some great looking tires, so we`ll see if they last as long as the Avon.

Did you investigate the cause of the cupping so that you don't prematurely kill your new E3 tire? Low pressures, loose neck bearings etc?

:fingers-crossed-emo

Do you need me to come out and help you with your tire? Stand on the rotor or something? Bring my awesome tools? :whistling:

Dave

Now that the E3 make a world of difference on the front - I'm seriously considering spending the bucks for a back tire. I hate to give up a tire with only 2,000 miles on it - but it might be with it for the handling.

I would quickly toss a less used D404 for a new E3 tire..

I run my rear tire at "40" PSI (max indicated on sidewall) and the front at 39/40. I get a lot of wear from my tires this way.. People thought they were shyte tires because I just put my 3rd pair on in just over 2 years.. but then again, I also rode over 43,000 miles in that time on those tires =)

received my new E III about an hour ago!!! Yea....me!!!!!!!!

Now, if'n ya only had a tire changer..... Oh wait, ya do!

Now, if'n ya only knew how to use it... :rotf:

http://www.buzzpirates.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/muttley01.gif

I still have the 404 in the rear. It only has 2,000 miles on it.

For what its worth...I think I got around 6k miles out of my original rear tire. I didn't notice much of difference when I replaced it (metzler). I did notice a big difference when I replaced the front tire. If it was me, I'd get all the life out of it then replace it.

For you info...I invented the tire changer right after I invented the internet.....:moon: oh wait....that wasn`t me....:( That dang Al Gore...stole my thunder....

Now, if'n ya only had a tire changer..... Oh wait, ya do!

Now, if'n ya only knew how to use it... :rotf:

http://www.buzzpirates.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/muttley01.gif

LOL Your awsome like that Dave!! I probably wont mess with it till Sunday afternoon....to much yard work to catch up on for today, but you are welcome to bring your awsome self out any time you want... ( I have two weed eaters :rotfl:)

Do you need me to come out and help you with your tire? Stand on the rotor or something? Bring my awesome tools? :whistling:

Dave