IGNORED

It's time

Bert Buckley

:fingers crossed:Hi again everyone. I was nearly hit three times this week by cars changing lanes. I honked my horn but it is worthless. Could someone direct me to get a horn, maybe a STEBEL and how to install, any brackets etc.. Thank you.

Go to flea bay, and search out stebel horns......Carbon One here on the site makes a bracket and wiring harness with FULL instructions.......easy as 1, 2, 3.

gunk:fatsmiley::fatsmiley:

What he said....The carbon one mount lets you replace the stock unit with the Stebel and the cagers WILL here it! A VERY good investment. Also, think about a headlight modulator..It does help the french fry eating, cell phone talking morons in the cages see ya!:thumbsup:

Below is an item number for one on Ebay.

I got one a couple of weeks ago, quick shipping.

The top of the compressor is not painted which is sort of ugly. I looked at one at Auto Zone and it was the same. Painted mine black.

I was not really impressed by the volume though. Better than properly adjusted stock horns, but not ear shattering.

Gary

Ordered from Amazon and VERY pleased with the thing... I made the mistake of going into town Fri afternoon last week... ugh, used the thing several times, it sure gets those cagers that are crowding you out's attention... love it.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000TK5TLG/ref=oss_product]Amazon.com: Stebel Nautilus Compact Motorcycle Air Horn - Loud - Chrome: Automotive@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/516DEKKqv5L.@@AMEPARAM@@516DEKKqv5L[/ame]

In the last week I also have had at least three cages try to change lanes right into me, along with a couple pulling out with me a bit too close. I have gotten to the point that I generally ride in traffic with my thumb on the horn button and my old air horns from Harbor Freight are still plenty loud. In all cases but one, the cager quickly pulled back in their lane. One time, as I was on the four lane going around Bristol Motor Speedway, I had a woman in a big Lincoln just change lanes with no signal or anything. She was about half way over when I hit the air horns and she kept coming. I hit the brakes and was at about her rear bumper and she barely cleared me. I stayed on the horns as I moved away from her then she turned her right signal light on and moved over after she passed the other car. I immediately shot up beside her and gave her a good look and she knew what she did. The next light caught us and I guess I am glad there was a car in front of her that caused us to be staggered so I was not beside her.

Thanks for doing this post as I am always telling other bikers how absolutely important loud horns are.

RandyA

Yeah I been hiding under the bed!:whistling:

I'll tell this story now. I don't think they are coming to get me. I had a "lady" pull into the road in front of me early this spring from a side road. She stopped when she saw me instead of going on and grabbing everything I could I got stopped about a foot from the side of her car. She pulled the cell phone a inch or so away from her ear and started to yell at me that I should watch where I was going. I was on US Highway and she pulled in from side road. Threw kick down on bike jumped off took couple steps to side of her car while her jaw hung open. Snatched phone from her hand dropped it to pavement and stomped it. Left her sputtering jumped on bike and went home. Waited for days for them to send Skid after me. Don't have any idea how I got away with that but.... AND DON"T DO THAT!!!!

Edited by Yammer Dan

I speak as a fulltime car driver because it's what I have.....I know the majority of riders are VERY good drivers on the bikes. And I ain't talking about the asses on crotch rockets.... I was driving one day to get the hubby from work. Yeah I was talking to him on the cell but I had my bluetooth headphones on. I was in rush hour traffic on the I-16/I-75 merger here in Macon GA. I kid you not when I say a bike almost ran me off the road! I drive a 96 caprice so not a small car and the bike tried to come over into my lane with me. Scared the crap outta me because I was on the bridge when it happened and there was no where for me to go. He did move on eventually but he was bullying the cars into giving him lane space to ride through. I just knew if I hit him or he went down it would be my fault...all I could do was pray it would be over soon.

Tricia