IGNORED

dealer insp.....tires

jlh3rd

just got back from my bike insp.........tech says 5/32 tread on the front....9/32 on the rear.....these are new e3's installed 300 miles ago.........no way, right ?....i got 13,000 + on the original 404's......

just got back from my bike insp.........tech says 5/32 tread on the front....9/32 on the rear.....these are new e3's installed 300 miles ago.........no way, right ?....i got 13,000 + on the original 404's......

I just bought a new rear tire and tread depth is 10/32nd . Got the front one about a month ago ... it was 5/32 nd.

Yours sounds about right.

if thats normal then sure, it's ok.....it's just that there was a post on this site that said new rear e3 was 11/32....so i was going by that.....

depends on your tire size ... seems most are 11/32nds but one is 10/32nds for the rear and 6/32nds for the front. maybe the guy mis-read his gauge.

btw, I didn't realize they should have been 11/32 rear and 6/32 front.

here's a site with a chart...

http://www.dunlopmotorcycle.com/tirecatalog_tire.asp?id=86

Edited by SilvrT

Dunlop Web site says E3 rear..11/32 tread E3 front 6/32 tread depth.

If you have ever used a tread depth gauge...you can come up with all kinds of numbers if you do not really pay attention where you are measuring. you have to make sure it is square with the tire and the probe is aligned with the tread to get the best measurement.

Run the tires...there is nothing wrong with them. They will serve you well if you keep the pressure correct and take care of them a little bit.

Wait till you get around 10-12000 miles then lets talk about how much tread you have left.

If you have ever used a tread depth gauge...you can come up with all kinds of numbers if you do not really pay attention where you are measuring. you have to make sure it is square with the tire and the probe is aligned with the tread to get the best measurement.

good advice coz there's probably many folks who've never used one or even know what they look like for that matter.