IGNORED

Samson Exhaust's

I used to have them on mine. They were just too loud for me. I would say maybe a bit louder than the Nasty Boys.

Thanks Don. I think that may be the case. I found a couple of youtube's on them. I was wondering with the baffles if they might have been a little more of a mid range rumble....

The ones that I had used a permanent/non-removable steel baffle. No packing of any kind. I think you could have almost dropped a golf ball through them.

I later tried the Khromewerks and liked them much better. Not quiet as loud and re-packable. I also think they were finished better.

Anyone have a set of these on their scoot? I'm looking at a set on Ebay, but need to know if they're 'Nasty Boy' loud. Better yet, does anyone have a link to a sound bite??

I don't know if you like the look of the Barron 4-2-4 Double Nasty Slip Ons, but Lone Eagle just took a set off his bike. Just a thought.

I have a set of Samsons with turn down tips on my lowrider. They are louder than drilled stocks and just a tad louder than Bubs. No quite as loud as 4-2-4 nasty boys. The turn down angle makes the tone lower than most exhausts I have heard. They were made for a RSTD. Bought them un-used, still in the box, on craigslist for $50. The list was about $400.

http://i521.photobucket.com/albums/w337/Owen064/P3203285.jpg

Edited by Owen

I don't know if you like the look of the Barron 4-2-4 Double Nasty Slip Ons, but Lone Eagle just took a set off his bike. Just a thought.

Yeah, I asked him about those at the BBQ. He said the jury's still out on his new set. Besides, I'm just not real sure I like the 4 hole'r exhaust look?? :confused07:

I have a set of Samsons with turn down tips on my lowrider. They are louder than drilled stocks and just a tad louder than Bubs. No quite as loud as 4-2-4 nasty boys. The turn down angle makes the tone lower than most exhausts I have heard. They were made for a RSTD. Bought them un-used, still in the box, on craigslist for $50. The list was about $400.

WOW!! What a deal. For $50 bucks I'd gamble too..... :big-grin-emoticon:

Didn't say what samsons you are looking at. I have a set of samson fishtales and barons nasty boys. fishtales much quieter. Having said that I just went back to stock. I prefer the quiet. I guess I'm getting old. which is better than not getting old.

Didn't say what samsons you are looking at. I have a set of samson fishtales and barons nasty boys. fishtales much quieter. Having said that I just went back to stock. I prefer the quiet. I guess I'm getting old. which is better than not getting old.

I'm not a big fan of the fishtail look. I think it's a east coast thing. Turn downs or slash cuts are what I'm really looking for. There was a set of slash cut's on Ebay that I was interested in, but it just didn't feel right so I passed on the bid. I'm looking for something that has a 'rumble' and not a 'bark'. I've had MAC's on my 1stGen's and really like their sound. If I could find something that sounds similar I'd be a happy camper... :thumbsup2:

My '99 came with Sampson slashcuts, and I really like them. They are not as crackley loud as the street sweeper pipes on my wife's Softail, but they are still powerful enough to get the attention of any pain in the arss cagers that need to hear me coming. They have a very nice low rumble, much like an inboard powerboat sound. But when you hit the gas, everyone will hear you. My friends say they can tell it's me coming before they even see the bike, so I'd say they put out something of a "signature" sound unlike most other bikes that just beat you up with ear busting noise.

I'm not a big fan of the fishtail look. I think it's a east coast thing. Turn downs or slash cuts are what I'm really looking for. There was a set of slash cut's on Ebay that I was interested in, but it just didn't feel right so I passed on the bid. I'm looking for something that has a 'rumble' and not a 'bark'. I've had MAC's on my 1stGen's and really like their sound. If I could find something that sounds similar I'd be a happy camper... :thumbsup2:

Have you thought about stock Road KIng exhausts? There seem to be quite a few around and they seem to be cheap. SilvrT has them on his Midnight and i like the sound, the sound is a lot like the Jardines on my 85. I think Rick picked his up less than a hundred bucks, here is a thread on a couple of guys who did the mod. http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=33572

Heres an ebay set for a hundred bucks http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120462873792&viewitem=

Brian

Edited by friesman