IGNORED

hey freebird.....PM ??????????

painterman67

Hey don,

I know you or the other moderators monitor the thread post all the time. My question is are the PM,s monitored or are they private as the P in PM states. Not stirring a pot just wanting to maake sur eif I send a PM Im not going to get in trouble on that aspect.

David

PMs are private. Would it be POSSIBLE for me to check them? Yes. They are stored in the database until they are read and deleted but I do NOT read them and do NOT get copies of them.

Now here is the thing though. If somebody sends a PM, the user gets an email notification of that PM. That email clearly states "Do Not Reply". You can only reply to a PM by logging in here and replying to the PM from your Inbox here at the forum.

A lot of people forget that you can't reply to a PM via email and will try to reply to that email. When that happens, the reply is sent to me so I end up seeing it. I try to respond with a quick message reminding the member that they cannot reply to a PM via email.

So, unless a member messes up and tries to reply with email, they are not read by myself or the moderators.

Heck when I want to talk about Freebird or any of the moderators behind their backs or call them names I just simply send a regular email to the person I want to gossip with.

:innocent-emoticon::stickinouttounge:

BOO

PMs are private. Would it be POSSIBLE for me to check them? Yes. They are stored in the database until they are read and deleted but I do NOT read them and do NOT get copies of them.

Now here is the thing though. If somebody sends a PM, the user gets an email notification of that PM. That email clearly states "Do Not Reply". You can only reply to a PM by logging in here and replying to the PM from your Inbox here at the forum.

A lot of people forget that you can't reply to a PM via email and will try to reply to that email. When that happens, the reply is sent to me so I end up seeing it. I try to respond with a quick message reminding the member that they cannot reply to a PM via email.

So, unless a member messes up and tries to reply with email, they are not read by myself or the moderators.

Who you talkin bout???:whistling:

No problem at all. I don't mind such questions in the least. If you want to have private political discussions, that is your business. The only time I would get involved in ANY PM argument would be if one of the members involved in such an argument were to report to me that there were threats or whatever. I would not know about it unless one or both parties contacted me.

Heck when I want to talk about Freebird or any of the moderators behind their backs or call them names I just simply send a regular email to the person I want to gossip with.

BOO

And Boo aint lie-in...........:whistling:.

Edited by Eck

Good Honest answer.... I run 3 forums myself, and yep I could read the PM's from browsing the database but who the heck has that much time or even cares to... seriously, I could really care less what they say, I'm short enough on time as it is.

Just my 2 cents. Keep up the great work Freebird!

Saltcreep/Brandon

:parrots: