IGNORED

Wunderground road trip planner

Dave77459

I have Friday off and was considering a LD ride. I went to my favorite weather site, The Weather Underground (Wunderground) and was preparing to check the major cities along the way. I just happened to see their new Road Trip Planner, and clicked the link.

It is just what I was looking for. It shows me the weather along my route: sunny at both ends and possible t-showers in between. I'll keep an eye on the route, but meanwhile I can start planning something else.

I love Wunderground.

Dave

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4045/4636589326_b34ffca124_o.png

This is a great tool. I will be running from San Diego to Charlotte in June and this will help me a lot. It will help me deciding how to pack what gear where on the bike each morning and even what time to leave each day or how long to stop for lunch. Thanks.

I tried that site and i don't like it, too much clutter and unneccesary c@p. I prefer Maps.google.com. It allows you to create your own route if the one offered doesn't suit you, modify routes provided routes if you wnat and even offeres alternatives if you so desire. Using Intellicast.com for weather, it doesn't give a one page setup with all the info but the radar maps are great and what is the big deal about an extra click or two.