IGNORED

Anybody got stock pipes?

I have aftermarket pipes on my Venture that are way too loud. Don't ask me who made them. Came on the bike and have no markings. Look like bag slash pipes. Love the looks and the tone, just wish they were a little quieter. If anyone still has their oem's or are just wanting LOUD pipes, pipe up! (couldn't resist that) I'd love to get these off my ride.

The stock pipes off my 06 are 1600 miles away from me at the EX's mansion. If I had em here I'd ship em to you for free. Somebody here is bound to have a set they can toss yer way.

Boomer....who figgers the EX has prolly melted em down fer a custom terlet seat by now....and I hope she freezes her butt off on em too.

I have aftermarket pipes on my Venture that are way too loud. Don't ask me who made them. Came on the bike and have no markings. Look like bag slash pipes. Love the looks and the tone, just wish they were a little quieter. If anyone still has their oem's or are just wanting LOUD pipes, pipe up! (couldn't resist that) I'd love to get these off my ride.

Cottonpkr - I have a set off my 99 - they have about 60k miles on them. They are boxed up and ready to go if you want to pay shipping. They are not perfect - they have drug the ground a few times (while on the bike) and they are full of road grime, but what do you want for free.

You can probably find a stock set of NEW RK's on ebay for less than $100 delivered.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Harley-Road-King-OEM-Mufflers-/190398982047?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c54a9e79f#ht_500wt_1160

This set is not new but a good looking pair and there were several others as well - -

Edited by Hummingbird

Dang! I finally figured out how to resize and post some pics. Thanks for all the replies guys. I don't presently have any close-ups of the pipes, but you can get a pretty good look at them on my bike in the pic gallery.

I have a line on some stock pipes that sound like they're in pretty good shape, so hopefully I can make a change soon. I'm not really sure that I want to go back to stock, but my ears can't take the volume at my young age of almost 57. I had the clutch basket changed out a couple of years ago and so far it's doing pretty good, so hopefully that won't be a factor as far as noise.

If anyone has any pipes that aren't really too loud and thinking of a trade for louder, let me know.

Thanks, Steve