IGNORED

Getting a new toy!

Wrongway

Well as much as I love my RSV, I've been wanting a lighter, smaller bike as a "town bike" I've been looking at all kinds of things, small cruiser, KLR dual sports, anything kind of different. I finally found it! I'm picking up a 2005 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 that is FULLY decked out. Can be a serious long distance ride, or remove the bags and stuff and she is a great town bike. Here is a link to the original owners page on her. http://jasonjonas.com/motorcycling/bikes/dl1kk5.jsp

I'm getting her this Saturday at Pere Marquette park in Illinois at an MTF meet and eat. If anyone wants to join in the fun, come on down!

Well as much as I love my RSV, I've been wanting a lighter, smaller bike as a "town bike" I've been looking at all kinds of things, small cruiser, KLR dual sports, anything kind of different. I finally found it! I'm picking up a 2005 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 that is FULLY decked out. Can be a serious long distance ride, or remove the bags and stuff and she is a great town bike. Here is a link to the original owners page on her. http://jasonjonas.com/motorcycling/bikes/dl1kk5.jsp

I'm getting her this Saturday at Pere Marquette park in Illinois at an MTF meet and eat. If anyone wants to join in the fun, come on down!

Didn't figure his cycle would last too long. Congrats on a new toy.

Congrats on the new bike...the V-Strom is a great bike and many do use it for touring and commuting. I looked into them back in July thinking I might sell my Wing and get something for one up riding, but my wife wants us to keep the Wing...and I'm not ready to give up the Venture.

I test drove the 650 and was impressed with the motor, and it's quiet ride. The 650 needed some different pegs, seat, and windshield for me...the 1000 I have not tried and would have if the wife didn't put a halt on my thinking.

Let us know what you think...the 1000 has a better suspension and seat, not sure about the windshield. Mileage reported by many is in the low 40's which is pretty decent.

So, did you get it picked up? How do you like? I ended up not getting to ride any :crying:

I picked it up Friday. Good thing as I got called in to work Saturday and missed the MTF lunch. I put about 150 miles on today. WOW what a ride. Figure the same horsepower and just a touch less torque than the RSV but in a package 400+ pounds less. Way better handling by far. My problem now is to enjoy that handling. I can go into curves a lot faster on the V Strom :whistling:. Going to take some getting used to but I'm sure I'll figure it out. Of course it has a way different seating position but so far the sit up and beg position seems like it will be OK. The previous owner left a "mixit" with the bike, so I just plugged up my XM radio and I even had tunes :cool10:. At this point I'm will keep both bikes but don't be surprised if I show up to a VR meet on a Suzuki.

This is going to be fun!