IGNORED

Finally.......time to get out and ride

Snaggletooth

Well, I got off work for a week. Finally! Kind of short notice so I had made no plans. Hard to get loose sometimes when you are the only one that does what you do. I got to get somebody trained!

But I woke up yesterday morning at the usual time, 2:30 am, and couldn't get back to sleep. So I took a look at the weather and decided.......NORTH! Strapped the trunk bag on and threw in a few tools JIC and was out the door by 4:30. A bit cool at 39 degrees and cloudy all day but warmed up into the 60's later on. The old girl never gave me a lick of trouble and made the ride most enjoyable.

Headed out of Omaha on back roads and stayed that way all day. Wandered through dozens of small towns and three states. Ended up in Yankton, S.D. The strange part was I only saw two other bikes in the entire trip. But then again I was on roads where I didn't even see a car for a half hour at a time. Perfect!!

Got back to Omaha late last night and slept like a lamb. Surprised me! I only covered 570 miles. Woke up this morning (a little later than yesterday) and checked the weather again. Today......WEST!! A somewhat shorter trip, only 350 miles today but the weather was warmer and sunny all day.

Tomorrow......I'm thinking.......South? I like Arkansas. Maybe spend the night by a lake on this one. Better pack some extra stuff.

Lord I love this bike. Even more....I love the effect of the needle mod. Dang.

Later

Mike

Branched Oaks 051810 04 copy.jpg

Branched Oaks 051810 06 copy.jpg

I hear ya Bob. Most my short trips in the past couple of years have been within towing distance of home. Finally getting the bike to a point where I have complete faith in it, or my ability to make repairs on the side of the road, is making the longer trips more enjoyable. No worries!

Been kind of delaying my departure this morning. Watching the rain in ALL directions. The Southern trip looks like I would hit rain and stay in it all day today and tomorrow. I don't mind riding in the rain at all but don't want to spend an entire day or two doing it. But I hit my boots with another coat of mink oil and the rain gear and gloves are in the top of the trunk bag so what ever happens.......I'm still out of here for the day.

The bike could use a little presoak anyway. I was admiring my bug collection this morning. Pretty impressive. Found a few feathers in the lower cowl intake to. And there was the remains of that Yellowjacket in the intake on my helmet. Glad that one got strained out before going in.! LOL!

But I'm going somewhere............

Sounds like a great day!!! But Dang, Mike, you were only 90 miles away form me. Should have called and I would have been able to show you how I mounted the arm rests. The phohtos I posted aren't the greatest.

Have fun and be safe.

Dave