IGNORED

Myrtle Beach Weekend!

George and I, along with a couple of guys George works with (they ride Harleys) went to Myrtle Beach this weekend. What a fun weekend! :happy65::happy65::happy65:

We left out Friday evening after work and had a beautiful ride down there! After hotel hopping for a good deal on rooms, we ended up staying at the Sandy Beach Resort with a suite of three bedrooms, two baths, jazucci, full kitchen, living room and even a washer/dryer. And, an oceanfront view! Wow!!! :)

It is definitely on our list of a place to stay next time we are down there! :thumbsup2:

It was such a treat to wake up to the sound of ocean waves and a beautiful sunrise over the water. After a hunt on the beach for sea shells, it was time to go. George was ready to ride!

Saturday morning was late breakfast at Tar Baby's which has a large variety of buffet items. It was a beautiful 30 minute ride from the hotel there.

Next was checking out the various vendors. First stop was at the Myrtle Beach Mall (where Bass Pro Shop is). There were not a lot of vendors there. Next we hit Barefoot Landing and had a stroll through the Alligator Farm but no alligators were in sight, just ducks and turtles!

Then for a nice ride down Kings Highway to the Harley Store where again, vendors were few. The last stop was at Suck Bang Blow where a band was playing, burn outs (phew!), Wall of Death, and a contest for the loudest pipes! And Chuck and Keith had a chance to drool!:stirthepot:

After a refreshing stop at the hotel for a swim and a shower, we headed back on the strip for supper, eating at Captain Benjamin's. What a wide variety of food!

We left for home this morning, feeling refreshed and having had a great weekend. We got home just in time before the rain! :whistling:

There were quite a few bikers there, more than we anticipated being there, but it was the end of bike week so I am sure a lot had already left to go home.

We are ready to go back!!!:)

The wife an I are headed there (about 14 hours ride) at the end of June. We're staying there a couple of days then headed south to Charleston and to take a look at all of the antebellum homes. From there, not sure. We're gonna do a total of 9 days. Can't wait.

I was at Bass Pro about the same time you were. Wish I had checked this board! We made a quick trip down from VA for a birthday party. Broke my heart seeing all the bikes!

Glad ya'll had a great time!!!

Ben

If you are close to Columbia, give us a call! Our door is always open. We are about 120 miles from Myrtle Beach. :thumbsup2:

The wife an I are headed there (about 14 hours ride) at the end of June. We're staying there a couple of days then headed south to Charleston and to take a look at all of the antebellum homes. From there, not sure. We're gonna do a total of 9 days. Can't wait.

Aww, we could have met up and had lunch or something. It is good though that bikers still come to Myrtle Beach. I have a feeling there will be more bikes next year, just if the vendors would come!!!:think:

I was at Bass Pro about the same time you were. Wish I had checked this board! We made a quick trip down from VA for a birthday party. Broke my heart seeing all the bikes!

Glad ya'll had a great time!!!

Ben

At one of the vendor area's, they announced that the MB Helmet law was rescinded, but I cannot find anything official yet. Also, another announcement was that the 2011 Bike week would be back in MB and all vendors would be back.

So I will wait and see about the vendors (was definitely lacking) but we were not hassled by the police at any time. We did see both cagers and bikers pulled over though.