IGNORED

Just put another 150 miles on the Kumho

Hummingbird

I really don't understand all the comments about the kumho on a Venture. I know that 150 miles isn't much of a test run ( compared to 1000 miles or so) but I can hardly tell there's something different on the rear of the bike.

I know I don't ride like some on here, I'm really laid back and the 150 miles we rode today took almost 5 hours including a nearly 1 hour stop for lunch and ice cream. I guess in my part of Ohio we are blessed with miles and miles of state and county roads that have twisties as well as some pretty nice hills and can be biked at 30 to 50 mph without the fear of being run over by traffic.

Bottom line, the Kumho will probably develop dry rot before it wears out :smile5:

hi darksiders

i guess i now have about 6,000 miles on my kumno c/t with no issues. i have have the wobble with m/c tires and the c/t. i can't realy explane it but it's a ongoing issue we as darsiders have to work on. i just don't ride above 90 mph, don't have a need to ride that fast any more. most of my riding is stright line but have rode the 3 sisters and big bend state park with no issues as the wobble. my bfg c/t i put over 31,000 miles on it before changing it to a kunmo. i hope to at least get that many miles out of it. we have several opitons as to different c/t we can use. but the prices start going up, to well over 130.00 plus dollars. i may try these different c/t to do a ongoing test. but it's hard to spend over 50.00 bucks to get as many miles as we do with a c/t. but as all ways, this is not a mod for everyone. but it works for me and i'am happy with it.

reguards

don c.

I do have some wobble above 90mph, but I don't need to be going that fast no how. :thumbsup2:

If you get a wobble by 90mph ...I really stay with my Elite III... to many times I’m going faster then 90 on the back roads.

I actually had my bike at 90 or above the other day and did finally experience the wobble that everyone mentions. I don't normally drive that fast, in fact it has been the first time since returning from the west this past summer. After experiencing the wobble I am inclined not to get rid of my Kuhmo. I don't usually have any reason to be up at 90mph. I love how the tire handles wet roads, I have noticed no difference in handling since replacing my Avon Venom, and I am looking forward to the durability of the tire!

I actually had my bike at 90 or above the other day and did finally experience the wobble that everyone mentions. I don't normally drive that fast, in fact it has been the first time since returning from the west this past summer. After experiencing the wobble I am inclined not to get rid of my Kuhmo. I don't usually have any reason to be up at 90mph. I love how the tire handles wet roads, I have noticed no difference in handling since replacing my Avon Venom, and I am looking forward to the durability of the tire!

My sentiments, exactly. I rode some twisties this morning and it just keeps a grippin'. :big-grin-emoticon:

I have about 700 miles on my Nexen now and couldn't be happier. No wobble at any speed so far. I'm getting ready to install a radial on the front an play with that for awhile. The only thing that has affected the bike is the air pressure I'm using in the Nexen and that only affects the feel and nothing else. So far so good..

David