IGNORED

Helmet de-stinker?

mp66226

I'm still riding with my Bell helmet and the liner isn't removable so, given I sweat at a stoplight, the old brain bucket is getting bit pungent. Tried some carpet deodorant and some baking soda, neither helped much. Anybody found a product that works for this?

Try spraying the inside with rubbing alcohol. It will take some time of doing this, but it should take care of the problem. Just put it in a spray bottle and do it at night when you are done riding. By morning it will be dry.

I'm still riding with my Bell helmet and the liner isn't removable so, given I sweat at a stoplight, the old brain bucket is getting bit pungent. Tried some carpet deodorant and some baking soda, neither helped much. Anybody found a product that works for this?

Too late now, but that is why I always were a skull cap or do rag.

I use Febreze spray. All my helmets have removable liners and vented so I have consent air flow through my helmets.

Look for Febreze with disenfectent, here in Arkansas normal summer days average around 90 degs. so I spray a little before and after each ride.

Cb

• 2 weeks later...

Try the fabreeze stuff noted above and then get a helmet dog from Aerostich. Put the dog in the helmet after each ride and it will stay fresh and clean. I've been using one for years and it works great (at least for me)