IGNORED

Yamalube, Clutch Slip???

Just changed the oil in the 87 Venture and went for a short ride of about 20 miles. I used Yamalube 4 Stroke 15-40. Got out the driveway sped up and noticed a slight clutch slip in 4th gear. By the time I got back to the house it would barely pull up the smallest hill. The dealer assured me this was the "recommended oil" from Yamaha. Any body had problems like this and these wet clutches? You would think that if it were a Yamaha product it would work. There is no engineers stamp on the back just a stamp that says MA and a circle around it. I know this has been a huge topic here on which oil to use but I figured going with brand specific oil with Yamaha's name on it would be good. What should I do?

Thanks!

Just changed the oil in the 87 Venture and went for a short ride of about 20 miles. I used Yamalube 4 Stroke 15-40. Got out the driveway sped up and noticed a slight clutch slip in 4th gear. By the time I got back to the house it would barely pull up the smallest hill. The dealer assured me this was the "recommended oil" from Yamaha. Any body had problems like this and these wet clutches? You would think that if it were a Yamaha product it would work. There is no engineers stamp on the back just a stamp that says MA and a circle around it. I know this has been a huge topic here on which oil to use but I figured going with brand specific oil with Yamaha's name on it would be good. What should I do?ffice:office" />

Thanks!

It wasn't the oil. A couple possible things have occured since it's heat related and got worse the longer you rode. The expansion hole in the reserve is plugged up. The DOT 3 needs to be changed. The reserve is over full. Take care of those items and the clutch will return to normal. My 2¢