IGNORED

Gas and Maintenance log

Sling

I had a gas and maintenance program that I kept all of my information in.

It was a free program that I could make logs for 3 vehicles.Anyway our computer crashed:starz: a couple of months ago We bought a new one . We were able to recover most everything, but this program did not survive.

My question: Does anyone know where I can find another free program to continue keeping track of all I do on my vehicals? ( Sorry I don't remember the name of the program I had)

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

This is what I use, home made ..... but it works.

This has this years info in it so you can see how it works. First page is the gas, second page is a blank gas chart to start next years and the third page keeps track of maintenance costs, extras and insurance and does a yearly total. I like to know this stuff. This is the Canadian version (kilometer and liters) but I have an American version if you wish. (Hope you have Excel)

If you give me the information you want to track I could edit a MS Exel spreadsheet for you so it will have exactly the information you want.

You can do almost anything with exel if you know how! (and I ALMOST do! :smile5: )

you can email me at shaynes@advantads.com

Have you done any VBA coding in Excel? (just curious)

This is what I use, home made ..... but it works.

This has this years info in it so you can see how it works. First page is the gas, second page is a blank gas chart to start next years and the third page keeps track of maintenance costs, extras and insurance and does a yearly total. I like to know this stuff. This is the Canadian version (kilometer and liters) but I have an American version if you wish. (Hope you have Excel)

FYI... although it works, using =SUM() to add up individual, non-adjacent cells is redundant use of the formula.

For many years on all my vehicles, I have kept a small notebook that I keep maintenance notes and other pertinant data. Sometimes I may just make a note as to where I was on a given day and what was going on. It can make for interesting reading on a cold snowy day. The notebook in my bike is over 14 years old. The one in my bike is about 3 by 6 inches. I don't keep gas records in it, but I may make a note after I have done a mod that has affected gas mileage.

RandyA

FYI... although it works, using =SUM() to add up individual, non-adjacent cells is redundant use of the formula.

As stated "homemade" .... I do not profess to be a programmer.

Simply trying to help the guy out, I didn't realize we were being marked.

I use a small surveyors "level" field book.

The pages are coated and very water resistent. I write in pencil and it stays clear without smudges.

Keep notes about maintenace and riding.

example here:

http://www.forestry-suppliers.com/product_pages/View_Catalog_Page.asp?mi=5737

I also have kept a daily journal for the last 26 years in the same type book but larger size. Most years "fit" into one book so the cost is not bad.

Just take a Sharpie and write the year on the spline and set it on a shelf.

My daughter that is 26 and married loves to read through them, so just thoughts not real "private" stuff. She has hinted that she wants them when I can not write anymore.

Steve

If you give me the information you want to track I could edit a MS Exel spreadsheet for you so it will have exactly the information you want.

You can do almost anything with exel if you know how! (and I ALMOST do! :smile5: )

you can email me at shaynes@advantads.com

Peggy is going to make something up in excel spreadsheet , for gas logs and maintenance logs (and you're right excel does a bunch if you know how to use it and Peggy does)

Thanks for all the advice from everyone

As stated "homemade" .... I do not profess to be a programmer.

Simply trying to help the guy out, I didn't realize we were being marked.

I wasn't "marking" it... just passing along 23 years of teaching spreadsheets knowledge for ya as a favour.

My apologies if I offended.