IGNORED

Radio/CB/intercom

curtis

I have an 88 venture with no radio/CB/intercom and would really like to have them. Does anyone know how hard it would be to install them or does anyone know of an aftermarket system I could get. I would like to have all three of them.

I see a lot of people junking out bikes does anyone have a complete system they would like to sell?

I have many of the parts for the system from an '86 but, having recently installed a JMCB-2003 on Jan's Sportster, I would look seriously at it. You might spend a bit more money but you'll also get new technology. You won't have AM/FM (or cassette) but you'll get a 3.5mm input port for IPOD or any other compatible device.

Dave

I would second what utadventure said about the J&M system. I put a JMCB-2003-DU system on my older Concours. It was a quick install, took me maybe less than 2 hours. It works great, no radio, tape, or CD. But, I can plug in my phone, which has a built in mp3 player, and listen to it through my helmet. Additionally, my phone has built in nav, so I get spoken turn by turn directions through my headset. The system is prioritized, that the intercom will override everything else, then the cb, then the mp3 player. I have seriously thought about removing my stereo system from the Venture, and putting in another one of these. They are well worth looking into.

I did look at them an i think it would be a really neat thing to have. I don't even mind the price of 350 for the unit it is when you add the other 400 for the headsets and everything else that puts them way out of my price range.

True, they do get a bit pricey. However, check out E-Bay. I got a complete JMCB-2003-DU, which is the dual rider system. It came with everything, including the antenna, all wires, adapter to run my mp3 player, and the lower cords. It was about $400. Granted it was used, however, it works perfectly, and was about half the price of the complete system. Just a though for you.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know if the headset off of a Harley davidson will work on the JMCB-2003-DU set. Or do I have to buy their set. I have both of the headsets from my 03 HD ultra.

You should call J&M. They sell different cord setups. I'm sure they have the setup you need. Once you find out what set of cords you need go to Sierra Electronics and see if they have it. They are usually less expensive. http://www.sierra-mc.com/default.asp

Here is there contact information.

http://www.jmcorp.com/Static/jmcontact.htm

Check out Wingstuff.com

JMHSICD284HHU for the headset @ $164.99

JMHCPJM for the lower 6 pin cord @ $21.99

JMJMSR4020 for the Integratr IV @ $69.99

JMMDCB822 for the Midland 40 Channel CB @ $89.99

JMJMSRAC23 for the 12v power cord adapter for the Integratr IV@ $35.99

Links may not work as they need a Yahoo account , but go to wingstuff.com and C & P item # in the search .

Subtotal $382.95 Free shipping. Friend of mine just ordered for his scooter. I found these items for him and some of these are on Sale. The Integratr has FM radio. He is also getting the Zumo 550 and which it needs an additional Zumo to Integratr cord which if I remember correctly is under $15.00 on the J&M site. We willmost likely receive the parts and install this weekend.

J&M Integratr and their CB module require the 6 pin only.

BEER30

Check out Wingstuff.com

JMHSICD284HHU for the headset @ $164.99

JMHCPJM for the lower 6 pin cord @ $21.99

JMJMSR4020 for the Integratr IV @ $69.99

JMMDCB822 for the Midland 40 Channel CB @ $89.99

JMJMSRAC23 for the 12v power cord adapter for the Integratr IV@ $35.99

Links may not work as they need a Yahoo account , but go to wingstuff.com and C & P item # in the search .

Subtotal $382.95 Free shipping. Friend of mine just ordered for his scooter. I found these items for him and some of these are on Sale. The Integratr has FM radio. He is also getting the Zumo 550 and which it needs an additional Zumo to Integratr cord which if I remember correctly is under $15.00 on the J&M site. We willmost likely receive the parts and install this weekend.

J&M Integratr and their CB module require the 6 pin only.

BEER30

No they dont.

No they dont.

No they don't , WHAT ?

I C&P the links from an e-mail that my friend sent to me. I stated that the links may not work , but I did verify that if you go to Wingstuff and C&P the item# into their search, they will come up.

BEER30