IGNORED

low volume on headset none thru speakers?

Big problem, last week my radio and cb quit working. To be more specific my speakers and headset will play a radio station but at a volume one can barely hear(must turn bike off).

1. All Controls work on handle bar control(just not loud enough) Must be on 30 to barely hear.

2. Audio fuses check out good.

3. Cleaned and dielectric greased ALL connections under fairing including radio ground and the red, yellow, white and blue booted connections.

4. Took controler apart and dielectric greased connection and

bypassed volume control knob with no change in volume

Question... Where in the heck is the amplifier on this bike? I have yet to find one.

I just had this issue yesterday, one of the guys here at work pushed in the Mute button on the CB/Radio control on the left handlebar, look and see if the green light is on above the Mute, you really can't see it very well when you're riding especially if it's sunny. I found mine was on when I pulled into the garage...

Hope that works,

I don't think my bike has this feature, unfortunately for me... wish it did...

It has squelch chanel and volume on Cb button.

The only other control for CB on handlebars is the talk button, which works as TX appears on screen, when either is depessed at Handlebar or passenger talk button.

I have this really bad feeling they are gonna keep my bike half the summer...:shock3:

The ground wire on the back of the stereo goes around to the frame on the right side, just behing the frame neck. It can get corrided.

I don't think it will help much. I am thinking that the stereo or the controller is acting up, which should easily be warratny. Dealer should not have to keep it while waiting for parts, if needed.

Brad

I tore entire bike apart, passenger seat, drivers seat, gas tank, fuse areas, fairing, controller. Only thing I didn't tear apart was the radio(afraid they'd blame me if they saw it was open)

I cleaned all ground points(that I could find).

2 are on the frame: one under right passanger footpeg (CB ground)

One under gas tank on right hand side (radio ground)

1 on engine: right behind engine oil cap.

Hope your right about just installing radio. He, however was talking like he was going to send it somewhere?

The amplifier is in the fairing.

Now the questions. I'm thinking that you're trying to use the bikes speaker system.

Have you hit the select button to see if it's on the headset (HS) position and not the speaker position (SP).

My mistake. Read the body of your first post and didn't re-read the title.

Edited by gibvel

Update on radio.

At the dealership in Marrietta Ohio...

Service manager called and said my warranty experies in March of 2013.

However:

New Radio replacement only occurs in first 2 years. Year 3,4 and 5 is Clarions option on to fix or replace radio. Bad thing is They have to ship it to California, wait for them to fix and then send back. Estimated 4 to 6 week turnaround time. Had already told manager I was leaving for the MAY 14 shuttle launch when I took bike in. Now he wants to charge me to put bike back together and open back up if I take bike with out the radio installed. (even though it only takes 10 minutes to get to the radio if you know what your doing)

Plus...

When I opened fairing to clean connections and apply die-electric grease ( so I didn't have to take it to a Yamaha shop 45 miles away) I found a crack in the windshield about 1 1/2 inches long where it was bolted on(not long enough to see from outside with chrome trim on). Must have cracked when the dealer origionally bolted it on. He's saying since I opened it up they aren't going to cover it. He said "Hey its 3 years old..."

This bike had like 482 miles on it less than a month ago and he knows it, as he inspected it and put the registation in my name.

Waiting to hear from him this morning.

So.......... I guess we should just take our bike in for every little thing that goes wrong with it and get the dealer to fix it (under warranty) so we don't void something? It's a wonder they didn't say they aren't touching the radio since I opened up the fairing.

At this point I'm pretty disappointed.....

Thanks Freebird.

Thats exactly what I was thinking. This is suppose to be Yamahas Flagship!

The funny thing is, I have owned Yamahas all my life and have never had any problems with them, with the exception of a stator coil going bad on a 650 last year that had 24,000 miles on it. And I'd never complain about that. $160 later and about 4 hours of my time it was up and running, good as new!

Hopefully we can work something out. Going without my bike for 4-6 weeks however, is unacceptable.

Trust me a call to Yamaha corporate,sometimes 2 or 3 but they WILL get it done..It is 100% covered,I know,I had to do it and after 3 calls,3rd one very irritated call got there attention.

Customer relations Department Yamaha Motor corparation 1-800-962-7926.

Give the dealer a call and ask him to "do the right thing" If still unsatifactory call these folks. My dealer got the clutch covered under warenty @ 60K+ miles. No call to corporate required by me at all.

I believe it all has to do with the dealer. They have an agreement with Yamaha to accept what they pay on warenty work. Which is below standard shop rates. I do believe however that when I read my warenty it did say somthing about the radio being under a different standard. Hope this helps

Well the service manage called. Seemed to be in a better frame of mind. Told me windshield would be replaced free of charge and if I wanted I could take bike home with radio without being charged and to drop it off when I wanted the radio taken out to be repaired at no charge. Told him why not take radio and controller off now as they weren't doing me any good anyway and to call when he got them back. He was very agreeable to that. That way I can ride my bike to Florida for the launch. I have an Ipod and can listen to it with earbuds if I want music.

He's also gonna look into rear airshock.

Also stated I could have my clutch basket changed out to another type as I stated I could hear a whine in mine and it seemed to be getting louder although acceptable level currently. He said no problem but to pay attention to what speed its whining at(when it starts and stops). He said the new clutch basket doesn't eliminate whine but will merely allow it to whine at a different speed. So... If its not whining at the speed I normally ride .... probably would be best not to change it...

So far so good... Hopefully this will get resolved soon.