IGNORED

brakes?

oldgoat

well finished what me and a friend could do on the bike where not the greatest mechanics in the world. but here is what we finaly got done after dealing witha shady mechanic from before

1 we got the tires mounted new dunlops same as origional

2 rotors from pinwall installed all 3 of them. and let me say what a great place to get parts.

3 fresh new plugs and cleaned the caps

4 fresh oil

5 brand new brake pads

ok now heres the problem

the dash shows the brakes fluid thing its on all the time not flashing just on??

brakes are great so not sure what we done wrong?

also still a little poping and rough idle i need to get these carbs sync. all in all she running good not great but good. but like willie says on the road again. now to install the radio. old one works but missing buttons and that great cassette gave up the ghost got one of them too. then install the false tank. old one needs some repairs to the fuel door and the tab that holds it. need to fix that but got a replacement not same color. but going to fix the old one as it has a mural that a friend did before he passed away. but i can say im on the road with the venture. and with time and good friends here i will get it right.

There are two white with black tracer wires coming from front master cylinder that plug into wire harness behind headlight.

As I recall you have been in there working. If you dislodged one of these connections icon will be on.

They both have 'Bullet' style connectors, Run up to master in their own cable.

Same thing on rear master as well, but that one ties into harness near the brake light switch on right side of bike, in front of master cylinder. Connection is along frame down tube.

I think it might be your front one.

Gary

right on dingy i think something is lose in there as i can wiggle the wire to front master and it goes off and on or flashes. poor bike realy needs a lot of things tighten up also found about a half gallon of the foulest smelling brown water in the trunk. and this sat at a shop for 4 months before i had to get it and do the work myself . lets just say a leaky roof in his shop maybe? or parked out side during the winter? you know for $12 bucks this is the best place i found that even a guy with some mechanical skills can learn. :clap2:

went for a 100 mile ride bike running fair. then it happend the brake light started flashing. i pushed on the rear brake and nothing!!! holly crap. not good at 60 mph and going upon a tractor. i managed to gear her down tractor went into his field. i slowed the bike down and got a little rear brakeing. front one grabs just like it should. i forgot we removed the rear caliber. to unstick it. so there has got to be air in there? from i read on here this is not a fun thing to do. im scared to try it myself. no brakes is not something i want to tackle. so im betting a dealer is going to screw me over but? when your not sure about your skills better to suck it up i guess. but let me tell ya the bike was doing good. also maybe my riding skills but for some reason the bike kind of drifts or wobbles in a curve. 50pmh curve i was doing about 55 and it did a little shake i backed off gave more body lean and came out of the curve straightend it out and it did it just a little. maybe new tires not wore in yet? its looking more and more like trailering it to freebirds maintenance day/ if i can find a truck trailer and someone to haul it there.?

yep rear is full. but im going give it a shot. i adjusted the linkage and got the pedel up higher. it brakes some now. still flashing the warning light but i can slow the bike down now. when i can afford it and i can find someone to help im thinking of going the delink way. i like the thought of going back the old way when you used the front and rear brake. but then there is also the advantage with the linked system. as it uses both front and rear. and if the bike dont idle right you can just hold the rear brake and work the throtle. its looking more and more. like oldgoat is going to buy a differnt scoot sometime in december. i got a lookout for one a guy is giving up riding after this season. its a 1990 venture with 40,000 on the clock. looks good runs great. so there might be 2 in the stable. then i will do a complete tear down on the 84. remove the fairing send it out for paint ect ect i got to much time and ok maybe a little love in her to let her go.