IGNORED

Anyone from Arkansas going to Don's Maint. Day?

ctraylor

I thought about it Curtis...But I got so much going on that I just don't think I could make the trip...I got WAY too many irons in the fire. :think:

Anyway...I need to get with you and take you to our Catfish place sometime...do you always work all day?

Wally

I thought about it Curtis...But I got so much going on that I just don't think I could make the trip...I got WAY too many irons in the fire. :think:

Anyway...I need to get with you and take you to our Catfish place sometime...do you always work all day?

Wally

I actually work in Searcy and come home on the weekends but am off all summer.

We usually have a group that will go on some Fridays around 1pm to Georgetown OneStop...it doesn't have some of the best catfish you can eat...it has THE BEST catfish you ever put in your mouth.

We'd love to have you join us the next time we go there.

Wally

Wally

Did you say Catfish, like in fried, all you can eat??? :whistling::whistling:

Yep...the best catfish you ever put in your mouth. All you can eat. Not filets, not steaks, not greasy, and NOT MUDDY tasting!!!

The lady that cooks this fish cuts it up into CHUNKS...but ONLY after trimming all the FAT.

There's no menu...just fish, slaw, GOOD OLE ONIONS, french fries, hush puppies, LEMON or CHOCOLATE FUDGE cake and TEA. All this for $10 single or $18 for a couple.

It's a hole in the wall place that's open ONLY Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 11am - 8pm and RESERVATIONS ONLY after 5pm.

This place ain't purty...but it's CLEAN and GOOD!!

Wally

Yep...the best catfish you ever put in your mouth. All you can eat. Not filets, not steaks, not greasy, and NOT MUDDY tasting!!!

The lady that cooks this fish cuts it up into CHUNKS...but ONLY after trimming all the FAT.

There's no menu...just fish, slaw, GOOD OLE ONIONS, french fries, hush puppies, LEMON or CHOCOLATE FUDGE cake and TEA. All this for $10 single or $18 for a couple.

It's a hole in the wall place that's open ONLY Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 11am - 8pm and RESERVATIONS ONLY after 5pm.

This place ain't purty...but it's CLEAN and GOOD!!

Wally

What, no white beans?:think:

We are the home of the Worlds' biggest fish fry. It's going on right now.

http://www.worldsbiggestfishfry.com/

No white beans...but what an EXCELLENT idea!!

Yes, that would be a fine addition. I'd still put it up against any other place for FISH. The only weak spot for this place is that their hushpuppies could be better...but the fish...OH THE FISH...it's a magical experience. :bighug:

When I was growing up in NE Texas, there were a lot of place around Lake of the Pines to get GREAT catfish. Fantastic fish, great hushpuppies, green tomatoes, etc. Many of them were the hole in the wall type and most are probably gone now. Farm raised catfish pretty much took over the market but I have fond memories of those great lake caught fish and later even river caught fish when I lived in Alabama.

These are not pond raised catfish...Georgetown, AR is at the end of the road that goes directly into the White River...all of their catfish is FRESH (no frozen fish whatsoever) and comes from that river. They bring it into the place in big coolers.

As a matter of fact...if anyone is in this area on a Thursday, Friday or Saturday...holler at me and I will TREAT you to a Catfish dinner (please...not everyone at the same time).

10 years ago...I would barely eat catfish...it was muddy, sewerish tasting fish to me...UNTIL I ate at Georgetown...I LOVE CATFISH NOW!!

Well in this area, it is mostly Lake Erie Yellow Perch or Walleye. Both very good also. I don't fish much but a good friend is a big fisherman and he and his wife will come over from time to time with a couple of big bags of one or the other. We cook it outside in the turkey/fish fryer and there is nothing like cheating and eating a few pieces:thumbsup2: right as you bring it out of the fryer.

That's my favorite way to eat it. I could actually skip all the sides. We will set the fryer up on the deck, and commence to cooking the fillets. All I need is a hot fillet every now and then, to go with my cold beer, and I am happy.

When I was growing up in NE Texas, there were a lot of place around Lake of the Pines to get GREAT catfish. Fantastic fish, great hushpuppies, green tomatoes, etc. Many of them were the hole in the wall type and most are probably gone now. Farm raised catfish pretty much took over the market but I have fond memories of those great lake caught fish and later even river caught fish when I lived in Alabama.

Cado Lake in Louisiana up by Shreveport had great places for Catfish fries, but no more. :crying:

:hijacked: :whistling: Sorry could not pass that up...

:sign back to topic:

Sorry cannot make the MD this year. the last Ice Storm we had in January pretty much wiped out our Vacation & money:(.. Maybe next year:think:

One of these years I'm going to make one. Unless Freebird moves back to Texas then it would a sure deal for us Southern folks.:stickpoke: