IGNORED

Mic-Mutes or Quiet Mic

uechi kid

I really need to do something about the constant engine/pipe noise when I'm riding with my wife.

I've seen posts about both quiet mics and mic-mutes. Is one better that the other? Is there a preference here to one over the other.

Thanks.

At last years maintenance day I bought the mike mute. It hard to be believe how much noise you pick up in your mic until you are able to mute it. I can't speak for the other brand but I have been pleased with the mic mute.

has anyone seen the generic chin curtain. for my F/F helmet, i can cover the hole where my chin is and cut out a lot of wind noise. i can lower the IC volume but then i can't hear the wife. i have seen F/F helmets with chin curtain from the factory, but seldom see the curtain itself as an add on.

any comments?

has anyone seen the generic chin curtain. for my F/F helmet, i can cover the hole where my chin is and cut out a lot of wind noise. i can lower the IC volume but then i can't hear the wife. i have seen F/F helmets with chin curtain from the factory, but seldom see the curtain itself as an add on.

any comments?

I was also thinking about something like that but didn't know that anyone made such a thing. Though I might have to make my own.

I don't have much problem with wind noise on mine. What I hear is engine whine through the headset. Sort of like what we used to get back in the old days through the car radio. I can have my headset on and listen to music with no noise, but when the intercom is on I can hear it.

I used my intercom for the first time this weekend and heard something through the headset like a valve clicking noise?? or maybe it was the sparkplugs firing??? Whatever it was, it was pretty distracting until I cranked up the fairing speakers :big-grin-emoticon:

Really, I have no idea what it was and wondered if anyone has isolated/stopped the noise short of mic-mutes?

Sometimes, you can pick-up electrical interference through your audio. And, this can be especially apparent when you are using ear or headphones. Someone who is experienced with audio component installations can probably offer some advice for you regarding noise-suppression devices and filters. Sometimes this can be as simple as having a device improperly grounded and it results in picking-up engine noises, etc. Very annoying! Or, it might even be from your ear or headphones. That would be an easy thing to troubleshoot.

Be Safe!

Pete.

There's an add on for your helmet called "Quiet Rider". It's made of stretch knit material that adheres to the bottom edge of the helmet covering most of the opening. Once your helmet is on, it covers most of the opening, cutting down on the wind noise getting into your helmet. I'm planning on getting one for my new full face. I just wish I could use it on my flip face but it is not designed for that. Dennis Kirk carries them, among others. Price is around $20

I was also thinking about something like that but didn't know that anyone made such a thing. Though I might have to make my own.

I messed that up a bit. The stretch knit set up is called the Pro Line Windjammer II Helmet Wind Blocker. The Quiet Rider is on the same theme but with a somewhat different design. WebBikeWorld has done reviews on both.

Edited by Brenda H
add info

There's an add on for your helmet called "Quiet Rider". It's made of stretch knit material that adheres to the bottom edge of the helmet covering most of the opening. Once your helmet is on, it covers most of the opening, cutting down on the wind noise getting into your helmet. I'm planning on getting one for my new full face. I just wish I could use it on my flip face but it is not designed for that. Dennis Kirk carries them, among others. Price is around $20

I messed that up a bit. The stretch knit set up is called the Pro Line Windjammer II Helmet Wind Blocker. The Quiet Rider is on the same theme but with a somewhat different design. WebBikeWorld has done reviews on both.

Thanks. I'll look into those.

For the J&M headsets I have, the volume on one side of my helmet is louder than the other. That's not too bad for talking with my passenger, but it's not so good for listening to music.

I'd double check the plug that connects the two headphone pieces, inside the helmet, to make sure you have a good connection there and also check the patch cable between the helmet and bike - something is wrong with your setup, you should have the same volume out of each.

Just wanted to throw in a :clap2::clap2: to Bill Morphy at Mic-Mutes. We don't get the CB on the Ventures here in Aussieland.

I purchased a set and Bill was amazing in his assistance with directions on how to install them on my bike, and where to get the PTT buttons I would need.

SO, Mic-Mutes :You_Rock_Emoticon: