I am need of some help. I have finally got my parts but I am having problems putting my windshield back on. The book don't show how to put it back on. I don't even know if I have all the parts. I have two brackets with rubber on one end and then 2 bolt holes on the other that has what I would call guide pins that the bolts go through. It looks to me like they go down at the bottom in front but I don't know if the rubber goes up or down. Then I cant figure out how to bolt the rest of it up. I can see 2 bolt holes up at the top by the mirrors but I don't know if there is supposed to be a bracket that goes between the windshield and the frame.

Next I have a bracket left over that I don't know where goes. Mine is green and looks kind of like a butterfly. There is four bolt holes one on each corner and then 2 bolts that look to be pressed in coming up through the middle. The old one has plastic broken off still attached like it would go to a fender or something like that.

The bolts for the windshield are shouldered so as to not put undue stress on the shield when tightened. The brackets with the rubber on them mount in the front of the shield over the headlight. They hold the plastic chrome piece that mounts over the bottom of the shield. This chrome piece has two cast in prongs that secure into the rubber to hold it on. There is no bracket between the windshield and the frame at the corners, just the mounting holes. I'm going from memory so look at chrome piece to figure rubber mount bracket .

The green bracket :confused24:. Maybe pic of it will trigger brain cell.:2cents::D

Two pieces you have with rubber on them go above the headlight one in each pair of holes on the windshield. Rubber points down. Only one hole gets a screw (the one with threads).

At the corners of the windshield there are no brackets. On mine I don't have the OEM bolts, I just use a 6mm screw with washer. I tighten down until the windshield is snug against the rubber piece that goes between it and the panels that hold the speakers.

Your description of the bracket isn't ringing any bells for me either. Pic please.

That is a front fender mount bracket for the brake lines, I think.

There is on on each side of the fenders at the point where it mounts to forks.

It sets inside of the fender.

Gary

Edited by dingy
added picture