IGNORED

3 Gallon Aux Gas Tank

RedRider

The 5 gallon aux tank has been received, fitted, and mounted. My 3 gallon aux tank is now boxed up and ready for the next owner that wants to extend their riding range.

This tank is a cylinder 8" dia x 16" long with a vented gas cap. It has the fuel line fitting already installed in the bung, an internal baffle, and comes with mounting straps. You can see the design at www.tourtank.com.

The mounting used on my Venture was on a shaped board that was bolted to the passenger grab rails (need to remove the pillion seat). Easy to plumb into the main fuel line. All you will need is the mounting board, (4) U-bolts, (4) 1/4-20x1.5" bolts with insert nuts, fuel line, inline fuel filter, a ball valve, brass T-fitting, about 6 feet of 5/16" fuel line, and (6) hose clamps. It works well with gravity feed so no aux fuel pump is required (therefore, no electrical wiring at all). All these components can be purchased at any auto parts and/or hardware store (except the mounting board - you will need to make that - I can provide a pattern).

This 3 gallon tank will extend your range about 100 miles depending on your riding style.

I am entering some Long Distance riding events this year and needed to maximize my range. The max fuel load allowed in Iron Butt Association approved events is 11.5 gallons (5.9 in stock tank + 5 in new aux tank is close enough without going over).

There is an ad in the classified.

Ride safe, Ride long.

RR

http://2000rsv.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/Misc/1000702/530232780_kAXFy-S.jpg

Edited by RedRider

Maybe this is a dumb question, but how does one secure this to the back seat?

I have been interested in something like this for quite some time and that is something that I haven't quite figured out how to do. (I haven't looked very hard to figure it out, but since you've got this one available...)

EDIT: Never mind - I read your ad.

Man, if I didn't just have to buy a rear shock...

LilBev,

Yeah, it locks right down to the passenger grab bars with some U-bolts. Very steady and secure.

I noticed you have a GS750E. Just picked up an '82 GS750T for a song (actually just spent $35 more than the bike's price on dinner tonight with my wife and daughter). Will take a little work, but looks to be a great bike.

RR

RR:

Yea, it looks like a pretty slick setup - I'll definitely be considering it.

And yea - I saw your thread about your GS750

(http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=47381&highlight=gs750)

The only real difference between your 82 T and my 78 E are the bars, seat (I think), mine has a kick start, and the pipes have a different look to them.

I love my 750 - might be partially because of the sentimental value (it was my late uncles, my first two-wheeled ride, and also had plenty of dates/good memories on it) but also because of the way it rides, sits and performs. It is no RSV, but with a windshield, bags and a throttle lock - I'd drive that sucker cross country.

I hope you get many great miles out of yours too.

:thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

Now... Back to the topic.