IGNORED

sturgis 2002 helicopter ride

Guest tx2sturgis

Guest tx2sturgis

After years of this footage sitting on 8mm tape, I finally got it encoded to digital and put up on youtube...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Vy53C0Mops]YouTube- Sturgis 2002 Helicopter Ride[/ame]

Guest tx2sturgis
Helicopters!!! thanks but no

Too many pieces going in too many different directions

at too high a rate of speed.

That's two to many's for me.

I know what ya mean...we should stay on MOTORCYCLES, where we're SAFE!

:moon:

Guest tx2sturgis

Hey Sling, not to hijack my own thread, (is that allowed?) but how are you liking that little Tag-Along trailer? Hope its working out well for ya!

Peggy and I are having a ball with it. I had a Bra made for the front, but I don't like the way it looks. (It does the job though.) So I went out and bought some material and I'm in the process of making one myself!

Guest tx2sturgis

Cool...as long as your careful about how u load it, you know, no spillable liquids and no fragile electronics, and no heavy metal objects, they work great. I dont carry cameras in it for sure! Its a bit rough riding, but if i only carry things like a tent, sleeping bags, tarps, clothes, things like that its great. I chewed up the front of mine last year on a newly graveled road...but I fixed it with some touchup paint, and from 10 feet away, looks good as new.

I sure need to come up with a mudflap/stoneshield of some kind! If you get a pattern for a bra made, let me know! I might be interested in having one made myself!

Yeah, it makes it so much easier to pack for a trip, and they get lots of comments from other riders and cage drivers too....and they dont hurt the gas mileage much at all!

By the way, what did you settle on for air pressure? About 10 pounds is what I run.

Edited by tx2sturgis

I made a mud flap took a 1/4 " thick piece of rubber, drilled two holes and hang it from the chain loops on my receiver.

I fill tires to 15psi. and it seems to do good. I'll let you know when I get the bra made up. The flap does stop most of the stones but I've already had to touch up the front of the trailer.

Guest tx2sturgis

Damn I like that idea!!! Brilliant! You can take it off when not needed...cool...and I had to change the title of the video...I mistakenly thought it was 2002, but it was 2001...or was it 2000? Hell I dont know...I've slept since then!