IGNORED

Zumo Antenna Mounting

Tom

OK Ive read a FEW threads on mounting the XM antenna on the bikes..Has anyone found the absolute best place to mount the ANTENNA for XM?? Pictures if possible..ALSO Is it worth it to get the Weather subscriptin also..does it show radar maps??

Some have mounting plates that connect between the base plate and the ram mount . Some have placed the antenna in the fairing , but then you cannot switch from scoot to cage if desired . I made a mount out of Kydex . That's a form-able plastic that I heated up with a heat gun and molded it to affix to the mirror mount . Used adhesive hook and loop to secure the antenna to the Kydex mount . Sorry , no photos of it .

The Weather is useful , but you can get better info off your cellphone if you have that feature . XM Weather is more of an Icon based map .You can pan the map to see what the weather reports are in just about any major area . It's worth it to me and if you travel alot and a greater distances , some may differ.

BEER30

Tom, The weather feature includes the traffic alert feature on mine.Around most major cities you'll see the slowdowns due to accidents,TMC, and construction. Well worth the extra info especially if you take it in the truck with you. In which case you would probably want to Velcro mount it so you can take the xm with the Zumo

the zumo 550 came with two mounts, one for the bike the other for the car.

the antenna plugs into either mount. as someone else stated the extra for the traffic/weather is worth te price especially in cities/states. one trip to alabama showed tornado and flood warnings. good thing we still had 3 hours before we got to that area.

Does your Zumo run through your scoot's speakers/intercom? Has anyone tried the Zumo model with the integrated XM/Sirius satellite music radio (have to buy the subscription of course)?

Thanks!

Yep, just get the Buddy Rich cable, and the Zumo will play through your external or internal speakers, all sounds.