IGNORED

Finally got the fishtails mounted

I finally got my fishtails mounted today. They are a tad long, but I like them. I had to make the rear mounting brackets, because they came without. I didnt want to use hanger brackets, so I used stainless steel. I welded the bracket on the inside of the pipe, and didnt have much discoloration. I apologize for the bike being dirty, but just took it ot of hibernation. All in all I am pleased with them.

What brand are they? How do they sound? I've looked at JC Whitney and theirs measure 32" which looks like the minimum to clear the saddlebags with a 5&1/4 fishtail tip. Theirs are cheap enough to throw away if they don't work or I don't like them. I think I've heard a YouTube video and they could be too loud. The clamp looks like most of the work installing them. They sell a chrome clamp that goes around the middle, but don't know if it would mate up with the bike hanger. Yours look good and most be at least 36" long.

What brand are they? How do they sound? I've looked at JC Whitney and theirs measure 32" which looks like the minimum to clear the saddlebags with a 5&1/4 fishtail tip. Theirs are cheap enough to throw away if they don't work or I don't like them. I think I've heard a YouTube video and they could be too loud. The clamp looks like most of the work installing them. They sell a chrome clamp that goes around the middle, but don't know if it would mate up with the bike hanger. Yours look good and most be at least 36" long.

http://www.vtwinmfg.com/Catalog1/VTwinCatalogIndex1.htm

This is the company. I ordered them from Northshore Motorsports off of ebay. I received them and 1 was dented. They replaced it no questions asked. Paid about 80 bucks apiece. They are 36 inch long pipes. You have to make your rear mounting brackets. They are a smooth pipe. As far as sound, they are loud. Check out the Barons slash cut sound clip. Awfull similar. Hope this helps.

BJ

I like your brackets! What did you use for the spacer on the hanger? Are your mufflers 3"? As I said looks like the bracket is the main item. Were you able to use your existing muffler clamps and how did you hide the bolt? Thanks again!

PS are the exhausts 1&3/4" (where the muffler slips on or did you need a reducer)?