IGNORED

Cracked windshield tabs

Took my bike to Tallahassee Powersports for the 48,000 mile service. Before taking bike to dealer I read the post about cracked tabs in the fairing that hold the windshield on. I have two cracked tabs. I printed the post on here about the cracked tabs and took it with me to the dealer. Dealer just called and said yamaha is going to replace my fairing under warranty but don't know how long it will take to get fairing as it is on back order. Even though it is backordered I am happy. I just knew they were going to call and tell me yamaha wouldn't replace the fairing. I have read many times where dealers and yamaha wouldn't replace items under warranty but I have to say, yamaha has always been good to me. My warranty expires in september so I better get everything I need before then.

It would be interesting to find out what Yamaha does with the old fairing shell.... too bad a guy couldn't keep it huh?

Maybe find out when the warranty rep comes around and then go check their garbage bin that evening or the next day...:D

I've been to several Yamaha dealers for warranty work, a bad fuel pump and a broken tab on the lower fairing, and never had any issues with them. Both times they actually went out of their way to help me. One pulled a pump from a bike on the sales floor to help me. This is another reason I switched from Harley, though I hear Harley dealers have changed in the last couple of years.

I just had my fairing replaced due to the broken tabs a few weeks ago. My dealer blamed it on the missing bolts from the windshield bracket and pretty much told me they were doing me a favor because "I" left the bolts out when I was in the fairing for some of my wiring. That pissed me off a bit so I sent him all of the information I could find regarding others with missing bolts. Last week I stopped by the dealer again and the owner pretty much appologized to me because the following week he had another Venture come in with cracked tabs and missing bolts. It was sold by another area dealer. He thinks that the shop that he uses to assemble also contracts with other dealers and they must have a worker that's leaving the bolts out. He contacted them to investigate it.

Check for your bolts? My windshield mount is much sturdier now.

Dennis