IGNORED

To VR Members in Germany

Guest human4m

Guest human4m

Unfortunately, I've never been to Germany to get back to my roots, so I just wanted to pass on a note... My father told me about a place called 'Henninger Brau' in Frankfurt, and apparently I'm related to them. I have a few wine glasses from there, and a few different cans/bottles of beer dated in the 70's when my father was there, but I'd love to get some more stuff!

So, if you're ever stop in for a bier, feel free to pick something up with the Henninger name, and I will buy it from you...

Thanks!

Patrick Henninger

Well, I'm familar with the Brand, but i had to read some old News Info's before i could answer here. I had in something about Henninger stored in my long Term Memory, but i wasn't sure about it.

Henninger Bier today still exists, but only as a Brand inside the Radeberger Group. The Brewery is torn down and the Henninger Beer is in Fact now coming from an other Brewery within the Radeberger Group. The only Thing which still seems to still exist is the Henninger Turm(Tower). But it is unsed. The whole Property is now owned by a private Equity Firm, which is said to develop new Bussines and Living Quarters there.

They held a famous Bicycle Race each Year named "rund um den Henninger Turm", but since all the Doping Stuff came, i believe they dropped it two or three Years ago.

I'm around 140 mls away and never in that Area, but you known how it is, Maxxers are, like Venture Riders, everywhere, i'll pull some Strings and see what i could come up with.

Here's a Link to their Website

http://www.myhenninger.de/cms/startordner/514.html

and their Webshop

http://shop.myhenninger.de/ ... all in german

Edited by Squeeze
added Info

Unfortunately, I've never been to Germany to get back to my roots, so I just wanted to pass on a note... My father told me about a place called 'Henninger Brau' in Frankfurt, and apparently I'm related to them. I have a few wine glasses from there, and a few different cans/bottles of beer dated in the 70's when my father was there, but I'd love to get some more stuff!

So, if you're ever stop in for a bier, feel free to pick something up with the Henninger name, and I will buy it from you...

Thanks!

Patrick Henninger

10 years spent in Frankfurt and Henniger Export is my alltime favorite German beer.

It would need Squeeze to verify, but I had heard that a lot of breweries, especially the smaller ones, went out of business due to EU policies. Whatever the reason, it is sad to hear. I really liked the seasonal beers and was hoping to "retrace" my steps over there some day.

Back to the point, Henninger beer was pretty good. Spent three years in the Frankfurt area and drank more than a couple.

• 3 months later...
10 years spent in Frankfurt and Henniger Export is my alltime favorite German beer.

Yup, when I lived there in the '70s, that was the main beer in that part of Germany.. I drank barrels and barrels of the stuff and loved every drop!

Goose