IGNORED

starter clutch 1983 v/r

hi from sunny England just pull of starter clutch found crack so need new/second hand .MY GEAR has 76 theeth ?should it be 72 if so where did the76 come from many thanks [ time is not importance its the importance of time]dell the cockney from across the pond:doh:

Hey Dell,

It's always a pleasure to hear from a VR.ORG member from "across the pond"! Check out this link about the improved Starter Clutch Mod. Dano is a great guy and is very helpful.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=44547

Yes, this mod is a bit pricy but it will be the last time you will replace the starter clutch.

Good luck with your project, let us know how it turns out,:thumbsup2:

Cheereo,

Earl

Hi Dell i just had Dano's starter clutch mod done and installed about 2 weeks ago and it works great . like dano and squeeze said it will be the last time you will ever do this again. Now when i hit the starter button it starts before you get your thumb off the button.

Had mine done a while back. Great upgrade.

You go from stock (pic 1)....look familair?... to the new sprag engage (pics 2,3,4)

You might want to PM Squeeze and see if he has any options on your side of the pond. He's out of Germany and it was his baby to start with. Dano is the guy doing the machine work in the states. Maybe Squeeze has something cooking on that side.

Ain't gonna be doing mine again anytime in the near future.

Mike