IGNORED

Seafoam

concord006

Per a previous thread I've been using the Coleman Camp Fuel. $8.00 a gallon. Haven't used it in the bike yet but used it in the truck when I got some bad fuel took about 50 miles, but the truck cleared right up.

:080402gudl_prv:

I was the one who posted about used Camp fuel insted of Seafoam.

Dont buy seafoam.

To save a LOT of money I use Naphtha sold as Coleman Camp fuel but don't buy Naphtha from the hardware store as it usually is not as high a grade as Camp Fuel is.It is normally sold in one gallon cans here in the US

http://cn1.kaboodle.com/hi/img/2/0/0/a2/b/AAAAAuBqmA4AAAAAAKKzxg.jpg

here is a re-post of info I posted before:

Click HERE to see Seafoam's web site on where to buy it...

an alternative is to use Coleman, or other brand of Camp Fuel at about 50% the concentration that you would use Seafoam as it does not have the alcohol that Seafoam has.

I found this at www.answers.yahoo.com

Seafoam seems to be a popular choice.

It's a Good Product,,I recommend it sometimes myself.

It's

30% Basic Cleaner

20% Rubbing Alcohol--"Fuel Dryer"

50% Stabilizer

It's good stuff as an "all-in-one" type additive.

Might do the trick in your case.???

If You wanna boost Seafoam performance as a Cleaner,,,simply add either Coleman Camp Fuel or Kingsford brand Charcoal Lighter Fluid.

Both are "same chemical" but a Higher,Purer Grade and come packaged in 100% Concentration.

after readign the MSDS for both procucts, I would have to agree.

Its available in Regina at the North Albert Auto and Agro (used to be Bumper to Bumper) store right on the main isle as you walk in. I would think it would be the same in Saskatoon, just call around. THe price is usually about 950 a can.

If youre ever around Regina, I always have a can or 2 around.

Brian

How much camp fuel do you use to a tank of gas? My bike sat for 3 years before I bought it last year with the gas left on. The Seafoam didnt do that great of a job making it run any better. I know I need to get the Carbs cleaned and re-sync but I dont have that $ right now.

How much camp fuel do you use to a tank of gas? My bike sat for 3 years before I bought it last year with the gas left on. The Seafoam didnt do that great of a job making it run any better. I know I need to get the Carbs cleaned and re-sync but I dont have that $ right now.

I hope you didnt follow thier instructions, when mine is running badly, i dump a half can of seafoam into 3/4 of a tank of gas , and then run it hard until it straightens out. One time I dumped in a full can when it was running really badly. It wont hurt anything but you might hafta replace plugs as they might foul if youre running it that with that much seafoam.

As soon as you get the mix burned out put in the fresh gas and it will run great.

Brian

Look into Startron by Starbrite. It's found in the boat section mostly.

My Yamaha dealer put me on to it. It's kind of a cross between Seafoam and Stabil.

It also is engineered to deal with Ethanol,,,, um, enzime action.

Just google for Startron. I have found it more places lately, including Walmart and ordered through Ace.

Also, Yamaha sells Ring Free. This is more to blow the crap out of the valves. It has a very concentrated version of Techron, found in Chevron gas. They suggest it as shock treatment for Roadstar sticky valve syndrom.

But believers will take Seafoam to the grave.