IGNORED

91 year old motorcyclist killed by hit and run driver

midnightventure

So tragic.

A fellow employee was telling me that he was on his way in to work the other day (we travel the same road) and the light was red ahead. It was about 5:15 in the morning and a 4 lane hwy (2 north and 2 south lanes). There was a big full size van in the left lane so he switched to the right lane and stopped. He looked in his rear view mirror and saw a car approaching the light and was not slowing down. The car plowed into the rear of the van without slowing down and lifted the rear of the van off the ground and knocked it into the middle of the intersection. The first thought that entered my mind was that could have been me on my motorcycle. That is a scary thought. That is the kind of story that makes me think about giving up riding. I have already totaled one motorcycle when a F150 pickup truck pulled out on front of me and I t-boned it. Cuts, bruises, two broken ribs, a fractured left knee and a torn meniscus. I took out my tool kit straighten the handlebars and footpegs enough to ride and rode it home and then made my way to the hospital. But the van incident scares me. :yikes:

Most of us WISH we could have lived the life he did and be 91 taken too early doing what he loved (Reminder of Dale Earnhardt... Passing away under a rollover tractor (tragic) -vs- doing what he loved.... Racing...).

Yes there is a Crime here (Hit & Run) but do not let that diminish the celebration of his life. WW-II Navy Vet...Man O Man this guy LIVED more than most of us will ever experience.

SALUTE

Godspeed

Edited by frogmaster
spelling

Most of us WISH we could have lived the life he did and be 91 taken too early doing what he loved (Reminder of Dale Earnhardt... Passing away under a rollover tractor -vs- doing what he loved Racing...).

Yes there is a Crime here (Hit & Run) but do not let that diminish the celebration of his life. WW-II Navy Vet...Man O Man this guy LIVED more than most of us will ever experience.

SALUTE

Godspeed

Amen!

Yup it's hard to believe that someone would run over someone and not stop. I saw it happen one night, a lady was run over and the car didn't stop. When a guy went out to see if he could help, guess what. Another car ran over both of them and kept going. Took me a long time to get over that one. I've seen a lot here at the FD. Nothing that compares with that. makes me sick to think about it.

I agree that this is a very tragic incident. Things such as this shouldn't happen to anyone. Celebrate the life that he led,going out doing what you Love, sure beats dying an agonizing death from cancer or being in a nursing home not recognizing anyone. I try not to think about things such as, someone running over me, if I did I would never live. You can't live being afraid of what if. All the men in my family have died from either heart disease, or cancer by the time they were 60. I'm 44, maybe this won't carry on but if it does then I don't have that many years left, No Fear is the best for my wife and I to have memories after I'm gone

I heard 2 motorcyclist died on 169 that day. I didn't ever see the details behind them. HWY 169 between Tulsa and Owasso is a zoo during rush hour traffic. Full of jokers that don't care if they kill someone or not. It makes me angry! Hopefully once it is converted to 3 lanes it will be a bit safer.......:confused24:

Olen Rode Ventures for years! We seen him a lot the 90's. When he got to where he couldn't hold the venture up he bought a Silver Wing. This was a very sad day for all of us here in Tulsa that knew him. I hadn't see him in years. I thought he had stop riding.