IGNORED

Sam's Club tool chest, is it a good value?

Midrsv

I couldn't force myself to pay the money for one of the big name boxes when most are built by three or four companies that build others, just another name put on them. I bought a Clarke 42'' top & bottom boxes w/roller bearings, bells and whistles, went back later and bought side cabinet for it, alltogether have about $900.00 in it. Been rolled, hauled, etc... all over W.Tn. for past 10 yrs. with no problems. Got it at Rural King. Might look at a Tractor Supply Company see what they got.:thumbsup2:

I have one similar to what Sling showed with a smaller box on top. Have had it a number of years now and if I recall paid about $600 for it back then. For me it was well worth it. Love those roller drawers too. With the smaller box on top I have a small space left for setting things (parts / tools / what have you) on as I work. While I don't regularly move it I do so occasionally.

Those of you who don't do a lot of wrenching the slide draws get the job done and you do save some $$$

Larry

I have a Snap On roller chest and a 6 drawer top box that I bought back in '72 when I was just starting bending wrenches for a living. Stands about 5 1/2 feet tall. Paid I think......$800.00 bucks for the set new. Been one heck of a box but it was not enough room for all the things I have collected over the years.

I saw this thread a while back and started looking around for a new setup. At least another big box for all the extra stuff. Looked at a few that were mentioned and they would do the trick for what I need.

I ran into one of the Snap On guys a few weeks ago and asked what he had for used boxes. Showed me a few pics and asked what I had. Came over and looked at it and offered me $3,700.00 towards a trade on one of his bigger....er .......massive roll arounds. I just laughed and said I was keeping the tools. Nope......that money was for the box only! I about fell over.

But then again.....when the numbers came up on his used roller he wanted $8,500.00 for it.

Sears is looking pretty good right now.

Instead of buying a larger box I use two roll around boxes and just separate my stuff accordingly. Just a thought

Thats sort of what I did at home, I took 2 roll arounds, bolted them together sid by side and put swivel casters on one end and the middle. This box I have extra is at work, it was going to replace 3 of my Kennedy machinist boxes but 2 of them got sold off too.