IGNORED

I held my breath, and clicked

Dave77459

I have wanted a pair of headsets so that my bride and I could talk, listen to music, and such. I decided to take the plunge and get a setup before our Easter time vacation ride somewhere (Destin? Big Bend?). I had been leaning heavily towards the Chatterbox Xbi2.

Then someone here mentioned a Scala Rider set, and wished for a G4. So, I asked my friend Mr. Google and he pointed me to reviews and such. And, this page.

Sometime, you just have to stop second-guessing and do something. So now, I have the Scala Powerset G4 coming to the house for $399, which is much less than I've seen elsewhere. Heck, one of them is $250, and a pair at $399??

I hope it works, and also that my honey doesn't check the credit card balance. :)

Dave

We got married on 7-7-7. But, we'll be newlyweds forever! :happy65:

Dave

OHHHHH OK, Well I thought you were single..been looking for you a good woman..guess I best stop looking..(Dont tell the Bride!) Good luck with the headsets,now next Big Bend trip you can hear everything going on if you get the CB setup too..then again it maybe best to just have your lovely wife to talk with!

OHHHHH OK, Well I thought you were single..been looking for you a good woman..guess I best stop looking..(Dont tell the Bride!) Good luck with the headsets,now next Big Bend trip you can hear everything going on if you get the CB setup too..then again it maybe best to just have your lovely wife to talk with!

I reckon if I ever need to talk to you guys, I can call you. Some of your bladders are bigger than mine. :rotfl:

Sounds good Dave...hope they work for ya`ll....... are you gonna make it to MX Day???? I may want to try those rear hwy pegs.....

K

The MX at James'? Yes! And the ride the week before. I can take them off before that and we can install them in a minute or two so you can try them on that ride. :thumbsup:

Dave

That would be great!! at least be able to see if they do Janet any good, she may ormay not like them, but we`ll see.... look forward to seeing ya`ll on the ride and MX day..

Kreg

I reckon if I ever need to talk to you guys, I can call you. Some of your bladders are bigger than mine. :rotfl:

The MX at James'? Yes! And the ride the week before. I can take them off before that and we can install them in a minute or two so you can try them on that ride. :thumbsup:

Dave

My wife and I got headsets last summer. What a difference. No more yelling back and forth. I should have bought them sooner. I hope you like them as much as we do.

What kind did you get? I have an RSTD, so I can't use the system built-into the Venture.

Dave

OK, dumb question here ... how do these things tie into the bike's audio system? I wanna be able to hear my Sirius system which runs thru the Aux audio. And what about the built-in CB system?

I don't have any of those things. My built-in audio system is my Road King exhaust. :rotfl:

I will use blue-tooth to talk to my passenger and other bikes. The bluetooth will also talk to my phone and iPod. :)

Dave

OK, dumb question here ... how do these things tie into the bike's audio system? I wanna be able to hear my Sirius system which runs thru the Aux audio. And what about the built-in CB system?
There is a recent post by timgray on the Scala Q4 Bluetooth setup for a 1st gen. Should work for the 2nd gen as well.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=45219&highlight=Scala

Edited by camos

Sounds good Dave...hope they work for ya`ll....... are you gonna make it to MX Day???? I may want to try those rear hwy pegs.....

K

Heck, K, you can ride on the back seat of Ol' Wilderbeast and try'em out. You might look a little funny wit dem long legs perched up on dem Hiway bars, but U Used to lookin' funny.......:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

I have wanted a pair of headsets so that my bride and I could talk, listen to music, and such. I decided to take the plunge and get a setup before our Easter time vacation ride somewhere (Destin? Big Bend?). I had been leaning heavily towards the Chatterbox Xbi2.

Then someone here mentioned a Scala Rider set, and wished for a G4. So, I asked my friend Mr. Google and he pointed me to reviews and such. And, this page.

Sometime, you just have to stop second-guessing and do something. So now, I have the Scala Powerset G4 coming to the house for $399, which is much less than I've seen elsewhere. Heck, one of them is $250, and a pair at $399??

I hope it works, and also that my honey doesn't check the credit card balance. :)

Dave

Please Post your experience with those after you tried them...I been putting off getting this kind of setup for my self and my bride of 30 years!

Please Post your experience with those after you tried them...I been putting off getting this kind of setup for my self and my bride of 30 years!

Oh, have no fear about this! I plan to do a full review, complete with photos. This is a bike-to-bike system, so I might well stick it on another rider, or force my wife to wear a helmet while driving her car. :whistling:

Is there some aspect of the system that you are particularly interested in?

BTW, congrats on 30 years! :happy65:

Dave

My wife and I purchased Q2 Scala, Bike to Bike headsets in Americade last year. I would say they work well for talking to each other, but the built-in FM radio is crap. The signal pickup is weak and is frustrating looking for other stations. We also found that the instructions are not very clearly written. :think:

Just my 2 cents.

When I bought my first and new 86 VR in 1985 I was wearing hearing aids, as I am now. So I had the speakers 'indented' into the foam, to allow room for the hearing aids (two then) as they slide into the open room 'slot' with the speakers behind. THAT was the first time I heard true sterio for decades! It was wonderful.

No the right ear is shot, and I have what is called a BAHA, Bone Activated Hearing Aid via a titanium screw in the mastoid bone, transferring the right hearing to the good left ear and hearing aid. The BAHA won't stay on the screw in the helmet, so there goest the sterio. Oh, well, it was fun while it lasted.

For the hearing impaired who use hearing aids, the VR is the only way to go. With the back ground sound to the in the helmet mike open some, I can also hear hornes, surrounding traffic over the constantly playing cassette or radio.

FWIW, that my :2cents:'s worth.

JackZ

:Venture::7_6_3[1]: Yup I ride in any direction but down, and though ready, ain't in no hurry to ride up! Jz

When I bought my first and new 86 VR in 1985 I was wearing hearing aids, as I am now. So I had the speakers 'indented' into the foam, to allow room for the hearing aids (two then) as they slide into the open room 'slot' with the speakers behind. THAT was the first time I heard true sterio for decades! It was wonderful.

No the right ear is shot, and I have what is called a BAHA, Bone Activated Hearing Aid via a titanium screw in the mastoid bone, transferring the right hearing to the good left ear and hearing aid. The BAHA won't stay on the screw in the helmet, so there goest the sterio. Oh, well, it was fun while it lasted.

For the hearing impaired who use hearing aids, the VR is the only way to go. With the back ground sound to the in the helmet mike open some, I can also hear hornes, surrounding traffic over the constantly playing cassette or radio.

FWIW, that my :2cents:'s worth.

JackZ

:Venture::7_6_3[1]: Yup I ride in any direction but down, and though ready, ain't in no hurry to ride up! Jz

Before I pulled the trigger on this, I was very tempted by the new Motorola Endeavor HX1 bluetooth earphone. It uses bone conduction, so you hear and talk clearly in noisy environments. But that wouldn't let me talk to my navigator. :)

Dave

I got headsets for my wife and myself, hoping to have meaningful conversation on a trip, The only thing she has ever said over the headset is.....SLOW DOWN...WATCH OUT FOR THAT CORNER...SLOW DOWN.....WATCH OUT FOR THAT CAR....SLOW DOWN....WATCH OUT...SLOW DOWN....Now I don;t use the headsets...only when I am riding alone, in the winter, with my modular helmet...

I got headsets for my wife and myself, hoping to have meaningful conversation on a trip, The only thing she has ever said over the headset is.....SLOW DOWN...WATCH OUT FOR THAT CORNER...SLOW DOWN.....WATCH OUT FOR THAT CAR....SLOW DOWN....WATCH OUT...SLOW DOWN....Now I don;t use the headsets...only when I am riding alone, in the winter, with my modular helmet...

I'm gonna hit the Thanks button for this one. :rotfl:

Dave