IGNORED

86 VR, wont run without air bearther on ?

You can go stock OEM for about $40.00, K&N for about $55.00 or more or go inexpensive with a EMGO for about $19.00. I use the EMGO and it works fine. Fits like the stock filter.

I forget the part number. Google will show you the way.

Thanks I will check that out

Dont understand this at all, it will idel but when you give it the gas it just bogs down :puzzled:

Put the beather back on and it is fine

It uses the negative pressure caused by the airbox to pull gas out of the carb bowl. Most bikes are designed that way. If you really want to run it with the airbox off, you can get a couple of pieces of heavy cardboard (and maybe a friend to help) and lay it accross the top of the carbs air intake. You'll find a spot where it will fun fine. The cardboard will create the negative pressure caused by the airbox when it is installed. I use to own a Suzuki VL 1500. One popular mod to gain power was to remove the restrictor on the inlet side of the airbox. In doing so, you had to dramatically increase the jets and needle setting to compensate for the pressure loss because of the larger intake hole in the airbox. Hope this helps.