IGNORED

2ND GEN. Riders, I NEED Your HELP!

Monty,

Thats why I found this stuff so apealing. It can be used for oring motorcycle chains for lubricant.

Performance Features

• Protects against rust & corrosion, even in salt water
  • Displaces water
  • Stops squeaks
  • Lubricates metal surfaces
  • Leaves a dry, long-lasting, waxlike film
  • Lubricant does not attract dust
  • Does not sling off
  • Sprays into hard-to-reach places
  • Ideal for chains & other heavy-use items

• 1 month later...

Earl:

I know you are busy this time of year (partially because you said so and partially because I have an imagination and have seen some places this time of year be completely slammed with business - hopefully that is your case).

I was wondering what the situation is with your 'rear shock adventure/development'?

Also, I now have a failed shock. Do you need/want to have a shock to work from? Or have you gotten all the measurements you need?

Earl:

I know you are busy this time of year (partially because you said so and partially because I have an imagination and have seen some places this time of year be completely slammed with business - hopefully that is your case).

I was wondering what the situation is with your 'rear shock adventure/development'?

Also, I now have a failed shock. Do you need/want to have a shock to work from? Or have you gotten all the measurements you need?

LilBeaver I know this is not the answer you seek but just in case you don't receive the answer follow this link to a new shock for $438.85. It is for a 2005 but is the same shock but has a vent tube. http://www.stadiumyamaha.com/pages/parts/viewbybrand/2/Yamaha.aspx

Harry

LilBeaver I know this is not the answer you seek but just in case you don't receive the answer follow this link to a new shock for $438.85. It is for a 2005 but is the same shock but has a vent tube. http://www.stadiumyamaha.com/pages/parts/viewbybrand/2/Yamaha.aspx

Harry

Thanks Harry!! I have found similar prices from a few other dealers and the 2003-on shock with the vent tube is much cheaper than the prior without so, we'll see how things pan out - but if I can help it, I'll probably avoid the OEM shock just to not have to replace it again.

Thanks for the heads up, this place looks like they'll cut me a bigger break on shipping than the others I've found :thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

Actually, upon closer inspection - maybe I could ride down there to pick it up, borrow some garage time from someone in the DFW area, and install that sucker.