IGNORED

Speed Trap Ahead - "Here's your Sign"

rjmalizia

A month ago I took it upon myself to help out newly hired police office with his ticket writing abilities...evidently I had forgotten what a little speed trap this town can be (AND yes, i was speeding and yes i desired it--but it still stings):headache:

Any way, yesterday as I was embarking on an nice 100+ mile ride, Sun a shining, basking in the near 60 degree of warmth. Did I mention that it was sunny :)

So I'm putting a long at a nice semi-legal three over the limit and pass right through the State's version of a highway speed trap. there where two motorcycle cops and one or two unmarked cars to boot. Well little did I know, but the two MC cops were radar'ing in the other direction--life is good, for me. HOWEVER, not even a mile down the road, here comes a small pack of riders heading towards me. OK...trying to be the good brother that i am, I attempt to signal them of their "potential" doom. I tried to gesture down; I pointed behind me, as if i was firing a hand gun, etc. And well, most of those other riders were nice enough to wave back at me.:bawling: Well, I tried.

SO, my question is: What is the best, most well known mean of saying..."Hey fool, slow down. There's a speed trap ahead."

Any thoughts?

if it's a lot of harley riders, i give the ok to speed up signal.LOL!! just kidding. i had a friend who was flashing his lights to warn others of speed trap, and he meet a cop coming back from pulling somebody over. the cop flippped around, pulled him over, and when he walked up to him, he said "where you going paul revere?" he gave him a ticket for interfering with offical police work. i always tap the top of my helmet or circle my finger in a circle above my head. i've seen some do the slow down signal, too.

For some reason I have this faint memory of "flashing your lights" being addressed in court and being covered under the freedom of speech ruling. Not sure, but that rings a little bell.

I did the same thing yesterday, I had a Tennessee State Trooper behind me radaring people and I flashed a few high beams. But, if I see someone really speeding, I have all but stopped flashing my high beam. When it gets dangerous for others, they deserve what they get.

RandyA