IGNORED

Scrap Value For My '86

Guest Santa Fe Dremain'

Guest Santa Fe Dremain'

Although I’m new to this forum, I’m not new to my Venture. In ’87 I bought my ’86 Royal while it was still in a box and paid for complete dealer assembly and warranty. That was almost 20 years ago. Wow, how time flies.

Long story short: last Saturday an older lady decided she liked my lane better than her own. End result, insurance company say my bike is totaled. Sad day; very sad day. Other than for several bumps an very slight burses, I’m fine. I’m very sad to see it go – the end of a truly great relationship.

OK, here’s my question: Do any of you have experience with: 1. insurance scrap value; 2. parting out the bike and estimates of time and value if most of the bike is good, just lots of twisted metal and busted faring.

The insurance co. is working on what they will give me. What they said is that I have two options: 1. they pay me replacement value and they take the bike; or 2. they pay me replacement value minus scrap value and I keep the bike to part out.

Looking for experienced points of view. I live in Southern CA.

Thanks.

Very sorry to hear about the loss of the bike but glad you are ok. After 20 years...that's a tough way to part with one.

I can't help you much on the insurance stuff but I'm sure that others here will have some answers for you. From what the first gen parts sell for on Ebay....there IS some value there. I'm thinking that if you can pick it up for a few hundred dollars...maybe $300 - $500....you might do ok assuming that most of the major components are still ok.

HEY....I would be interested in the center stand. :)

If so, I'm sure sombody will want it

As to the rest of the bike ----

If you have the time to tear it down, every part should be sellable on E-Bay.

Trouble is, is it worth the time.?

Engine should be worth about 3 to 5 hundred if its still usable. depending on total miles. ??

I have no idea...but I am going to be a greedy "ambulance" chaser!!! :whistling:

I would be interested in the trunk luggage rack if you part the bike out!

My bud's wife wants to get her hubby one for their bike for a Christmas gift. The lid already has the holes so I guess it would have to be a venture line rack.

The salvage value of the scoot should be somewhere in the range of 10-15 % of the settlement.

Depending on what they want for the salvage and how many salvageable parts are available, you should be able to get your money back plus some by parting it out.

JMHO