I know it seems like a stupid question but why wouldn't Yamaha just make it so the correct level in the sight glass is viewed when the bike is leaned over on the kickstand! I see the gear oil in the pumkin on the rear is filled and checked when level also, WTH, whose in charge here.

Different tires sizes, suspension settings, slight tilt of the ground, etc., all put the bike at different angles when on the kickstand, so we'd all be reading different levels.

Having the bike level gets rid of all of those variables. The only other variable is front to back angle, which doesn't change the oil level in the sight glass significantly, or anywhere near as much as left to right angle.

Also, most bike shops work on bikes upright, on lifts, so having to read the oil level with the bike on it's side stand wouldn't work for them, either.

:happy34:

One of my friends glues a mirror to the top of his shoe....wait, that was for something else...sorry.

:o

I knew a fella who liked to do that. A frisky little red head caught him in the act and shoved that mirror where the sun don't shine.

Boomer.....who knows the ER Nurses got a good laugh watching the Doc do the mirror removal procedure.