IGNORED

Heated gear -controller mounting?

Last summer, I picked up set of warn-n-safe gloves and jacket at the local shop on clearance. I then found out my bike couldn't handle the load so they just sat. Now that I have the new ride, I'd like to get them hooked up. So my question to those of you have this stuff, where do you mount the controller or should it just go in a pocket or something like that. Do you need to get at it very often? I know they have several different versions of the controller and I'm wondering which to get and how to hook it up.

Guest tx2sturgis

One thing to think about is that sooner or later you WILL get off the bike and forget to unhook the connector. So I have mine attached to the tank bra with Velcro....so it lets go, when I forget to!

Well, either I'm just completely spaced out here, or they just added today a remote controlled wireless option. The receiver goes in your pocket and then you just put the knobs anywhere you like so I just ordered that. That really makes it easy now for mounting options.

Well, either I'm just completely spaced out here, or they just added today a remote controlled wireless option. The receiver goes in your pocket and then you just put the knobs anywhere you like so I just ordered that. That really makes it easy now for mounting options.

????? I'm not seeing that on they're web site. Got a link?

I mounted mine with sticky backed velcro on the bottom side of the faring. Right under the cruise control on/off switch and above the triple tree nut. Looks like OEM.

Looking for a picture, but I can't find it.

Found it on my work computer this morning.

RR

Edited by RedRider

I have the female battery-side connector zip tied just in front of the seat on the tank bra facing left and I have my temp controller in the belt pouch which I clip to the left waist adjustment strap of my jacket. Easily reached while riding and if I forget to unplug as I get off, the plug can pull away. I use the Warm Gear gloves and Heat-troller and like them very much.