IGNORED

Books on Tape (cd) and CD player

1joeranger

Love to listen to Books on Tape (cd) when traveling so I am looking for a CD player to mount to my RSTD. Looking for input here. I know most have switched to mp3's so maybe someone has one collecting dust they would like to part with? Also looking for idea's on how to mount it to the RSTD? I have an amplifier and speakers for my ipod so I could use some advice on how to put all that together? I'm envisioning switching between the two, when the mode strikes but audio is not my forte!

I have a Zune (Microsoft mp3 player) and I HAVE used it for books. These were downloads from the web and the local libraries site.

However, although it makes the files nice and compressed, using the least amount of storage, it does tend to store it in one big file. So, if you don't listen to the whole thing you have to either look at how far you are through the file and remember that (ie: 1 hour, 13 minutes, 42 seconds) point, or else fast forward, listening to a bit at a time , until you find you place.

Real audio books, on the other hand, are usually divided into chapters so you can get back to where you were easily. Also, just adding my :2cents:

Good stuff, thanks!! I had tried downloading a BOT onto my Ipod once with similar results. I think I will continue to pursue the CD player angle. I will also ask the younger generation, my daughter, on downloading BOT. Maybe there is a way without winding up with one big compressed file!

If you have trouble downloading them directly from the library, your other option would be to rip the CD onto your computer, then put it on the MP3 player. To keep it legal, just delete the file before you return the 'book' to the library. :thumbsup2:

But, like others have said, there is likely a way to do it. I have done it a few times and it worked just fine. I travel a lot for work so I pass a lot of time in airports and on planes when I am just too tired to work, just put on the 'ol headphones and crank 'er up.

OK, My wife has all her books on her Ipod, she says there are a few secrets to do it.

1. In I-Tunes, Highlight the entire book, after you load all the CD's on your computer.

2. Right Click on get info.

3. Make sure Artist Name is the same, and the Same Name. On The Album, put the name of the book. (no disc #'s)

4. Click on Options, Look at Media Kind and change to Audio Book. click yes on compilation and remember position. Then click OK

5. After syncing your Ipod, go to music and instead of selecting audiobooks, go one more down to search and find the name of the book.

6. Select the Book, make sure your not shuffling and it goes right through each chapter

7. It picks up where you left off, or you can go by chapters. Good Luck, It is quite a trial for me, but the rear navigator has it down to a science.:doh: