IGNORED

RSV and Gerbing Electric Jackets?

i have 55w passing lamps, run/turn/brake lights ( incandescent ), and the upgraded stator.........when i run my heated vest,pants and gloves, with the passing lamps on,...i see about 12.5 volts....which means my battery isn't being charged...if i go to high beam, which turns off my passing lamps, i see about 13.2 volts........my guess is that you are probably ok, if your bike is stock......but if you research threads on this site, you'll see many comments about the stock charging system on these bikes.......you really need some type of meter to read the system while your running.....lots of threads on that topic also.......

I was wondering if the charging system can hold up to a pair of Gerbing heated jacket liners?

Anyone using 2 of these jackets with their RSV?

comments?

Do you have a thermostat on these jackets liners? This will help the situation. I run Gerbing electric gloves on a switch to turn them off when it gets too hot and I have a Tour Master electric jacket on themostat. When I run these both, I turn off my pass lights and have over 13 volts. All my lights excluding the pass and headlight are LED and that makes a big difference also.

:farmer:

Yes I have Thermostats for both Jackets...On really really cold days I use heated gloves as well...but not so much!

Can you link me to where and what LED lights I need?

I use Radiantz lighting for tail and all turn signals/running lights with a Kuryakin controller. All of these are easily found with a Google search. I also have the Diamond R 15" slim line auxilliary brake and running light. just put the three w's in front and a com on the end and you will get them. I have had all these lights for years without any problems.

You should part with the twelve bucks and join this site. I did a year ago and there is a wealth of information available on the tech articles and the day to day posts. If you have a Venture, every trick to maintenance is here.

:farmer:

We have two Gerbings jackets with thermostats, passing lights with standard bulbs on all the time, and stock stator. I have an LED tail light and the HD licence plate lights. No troubles yet but to be safe I'd like to upgrade the stator.

I also try to remember to turn the jackets off or turn the t-stats down when driving at slower speeds.

We have two Gerbings jackets with thermostats, passing lights with standard bulbs on all the time, and stock stator. I have an LED tail light and the HD licence plate lights. No troubles yet but to be safe I'd like to upgrade the stator.

I also try to remember to turn the jackets off or turn the t-stats down when driving at slower speeds.

So how long have you been that way? If it's been a couple years why bother to upgrade? I'm guessing you don't have any ammeter?

I need to do that gauge mod for the cassette thingy!