IGNORED

This is a little impractical for a bike, but loud

Dave77459

The Chrysler Air Raid Siren is the most powerful siren every built. It's the size of a car, and is powered by a 180Hp Chrysler Industrial V-8 HEMI gasoline engine.

The sound is 138 dB at 100'!

The Chrysler Air Raid Siren is so powerful that it can reportedly start fires with just the sound vibrations it produces. It can turn fog into rain, clearing the sky. It can produce an effective 70 dB air raid signal for a distance of two miles, and under proper conditions can be heard 30 to 50 miles away. Its advertised effective range was four miles in every direction. That's a long way!

I thought information was cool. I found the site last year when searching for siren sound files to annoy my cube neighbor. Here're the .wav files. I'm gonna put it on my phone as a ringtone. :)

But of particular interest was the comparative loudness information. We've talked before how the Stebel is rated at 139 dB... at 4". A jet engine taking off on afterburner is 130 dB at 50'. This monster is 139 dB at 100'! Wow!

Dave

Friend of mine had train horns mounted on top of his Ford Econoline van years ago. Long story short. He turns the corner as my back is turned about ready to open my car door. The sound waves were bouncing off my back and I almost fell down from my knees buckling. Thought I was a goner!:rotfl::rotfl: We have a local man in our town that lives on the edge of Lake Erie that buys all kinds of sirens and whistles. Every now and then he will blow them off. A few years ago he bought a similar siren off of a building at Pittsburgh Pa. He had to have a crane company come to remove it from the roof. A very interesting fellow when you get to talk with him. He is very knowledgeable about all the various noisemakers he has and what their applications were for. I don't mind hearing his collection but I live miles from him. You have to have pity for his neighbors though.:D