IGNORED

More snow for the Deep South

DragonRider

Believe it or not, we have more snow in the forecast for tonite and tomorrow. not as much as we got on Sat. but still, 3rd snow storm within a months time, someone explain how global warming is affecting this.......bang%20head.gif...:starz:...:think:...:confused24:...:doh:

Edited by DragonRider
Toning down post..................

Believe it or not, we have more snow in the forecast for tonite and tomorrow. not as much as we got on Sat. but still, 3rd snow storm within a months time, where is Al Gore, like to hear him explain how global warming is affecting this.......bang%20head.gif...:starz:...:think:...:confused24:...:doh:

While not a scientist, I may have the explanation: Al Gore and the other of his ilk (from the D.C. area) are spewing so much hot air, part of the global warming, that it is creating a vacuum sucking the snow from north and west across the south and right into this area. I really believe this. :think:

No, it is not the factories, etc, it is an El Nino which is situated off the Mexican peninsula in the Pacific, a natural phenomenom which occurs from time to time. You would know this if you did a little weather related research before posting your knowledge from CNN. Did you also know that termites release more methane (collectively) than cows and all the man-made pollution creating machinery put together?

At least our comments about Al Gore and his buddies are meant to be light-hearted and somewhat comical.

I would like to remind folks that there is the option of ignoring a thread entirely. All you have to do is click on "thread tools" at the top of the first post and select "Ignore Thread".

I'm mostly seen some light hearted humor here. Some believe that man is causing global warming, some believe it's a natural cycle. A quick Internet search will yield TONS of very intelligent and distinguished scientists making well informed arguments on both sides of the issue. We are NOT going to resolve it here.

Please, just take the light hearted jokes for what they are. Otherwise, just ignore the thread.

Well I hope for good weather from FL to OH since my daughter is at Disney World marching with the high school band and will be traveling home starting at 7 tonight and are supposed to arrive home by 3:30 Monday The trip down they added 3 hours because one bus got stuck in the snow. So wish for good weather for there travels.:fingers-crossed-emo

It couldn't have anything to do with the large money making factories, pollution, SUVs, etc. Just ask Fox "news".

I for one have never(I don't think) posted anything about bashing Gore, however your comment above is more political then poking a little fun at a celebrity.

Believe it or not, we have more snow in the forecast for tonite and tomorrow. not as much as we got on Sat. but still, 3rd snow storm within a months time, someone explain how global warming is affecting this.......bang%20head.gif...:starz:...:think:...:confused24:...:doh:

I'm glad we are sharing snow with you.We have 4ft. on the ground we don't need any more!

Nope its not "Global warming" (even though we have been coming out of an Ice age for millions of years) : Its El Niño (which happens every 2-7yrs)

In the Tropics, El Niño episodes are associated with increased rainfall across the east-central and eastern Pacific and with drier than normal conditions over northern Australia, Indonesia and the Philippines. Elsewhere, wetter than normal conditions tend to be observed 1) during December-February (DJF) along coastal Ecuador, northwestern Peru, southern Brazil, central Argentina, and equatorial eastern Africa, and 2) during June-August (JJA) in the intermountain regions of the United States and over central Chile. Drier than normal conditions generally observed over northern South America, Central America and southern Africa during DJF, and over eastern Australia during JJA. El Niño episodes also contribute to large-scale temperature departures throughout the world, with most of the affected regions experiencing abnormally warm conditions during December-February. Some of the most prominent temperature departures include: 1) warmer than normal conditions during December-February across southeastern Asia, southeastern Africa, Japan, southern Alaska and western/central Canada, southeastern Brazil and southeastern Australia; 2) warmer than normal conditions during June-August along the west coast of South America and across southeastern Brazil; and 3) cooler than normal conditions during December-February along the Gulf coast of the United States.

I posted this on another thread this morning to help get someones facts straight, and stop trying to insult folks who don't beleive in "Global Warming":happy34:

BTW... Lewis I truly beleive you did nothing wrong by starting this thread. I know you were just trying to have fun and ease you PMS:happy34: after all you deep south people are not used to this much snow.

Nope its not "Global warming" (even though we have been coming out of an Ice age for millions of years) : Its El Niño (which happens every 2-7yrs)

In the Tropics, El Niño episodes are associated with increased rainfall across the east-central and eastern Pacific and with drier than normal conditions over northern Australia, Indonesia and the Philippines. Elsewhere, wetter than normal conditions tend to be observed 1) during December-February (DJF) along coastal Ecuador, northwestern Peru, southern Brazil, central Argentina, and equatorial eastern Africa, and 2) during June-August (JJA) in the intermountain regions of the United States and over central Chile. Drier than normal conditions generally observed over northern South America, Central America and southern Africa during DJF, and over eastern Australia during JJA. El Niño episodes also contribute to large-scale temperature departures throughout the world, with most of the affected regions experiencing abnormally warm conditions during December-February. Some of the most prominent temperature departures include: 1) warmer than normal conditions during December-February across southeastern Asia, southeastern Africa, Japan, southern Alaska and western/central Canada, southeastern Brazil and southeastern Australia; 2) warmer than normal conditions during June-August along the west coast of South America and across southeastern Brazil; and 3) cooler than normal conditions during December-February along the Gulf coast of the United States.

I posted this on another thread this morning to help get someones facts straight, and stop trying to insult folks who don't beleive in "Global Warming":happy34:

BTW... Lewis I truly beleive you did nothing wrong by starting this thread. I know you were just trying to have fun and ease you PMS:happy34: after all you deep south people are not used to this much snow.

Wait, you understood all that and there were no pics to go along with the story??? :smile5:

Well :whistling:I wasn't the one that Zeus was starring at all the time.

Plus I can't take all the credit for David, he's got a very smart wife, daughter and sister-in-law that he's around. So he is pretty smart hangs out with all those amazing women. :) No I'm not sucking up.

Margaret

Well :whistling:I wasn't the one that Zeus was starring at all the time.

Plus I can't take all the credit for David, he's got a very smart wife, daughter and sister-in-law that he's around. So he is pretty smart hangs out with all those amazing women. :) No I'm not sucking up.

Margaret

ok i just read this post to Felecia & Courtney. now i've gotta put there heads in the dryer to try and shrink them back down to size.

Zeus was starring at me because i'm a very good meal not just an appetizer:scared:

ok i just read this post to Felecia & Courtney. now i've gotta put there heads in the dryer to try and shrink them back down to size.

Zeus was starring at me because i'm a very good meal not just an appetizer:scared:

Well I only speak the truth. Now as far as the meal I was being nice, I didn't go to the whole meal. Heck even dessert if you've had any pie. :crackup::crackup::crackup:I think we've successfully hi-jacked this thread.

Margaret