IGNORED

Horn Adjustment!

Last night on the way home from work I honked my horn on my Venture at a dog that I was coming up on. The horn was so frail in sound that when I got home I pulled into the garage and took a look at the what was going on. The right side horn did not work period. The left horn made a small toot, toot sound. I took off the right side and cleaned up the contacts but still made no sound. There is a little screw on the back side of the horn that looks like it has tar on it. I turned it counter clock wise 1/2 turn and now it sounds like a regular car horn. It was pretty loud and sounds real good.:cool10:

Yeh! I adjusted mine also, not long after purchasing my RSV. I adjusted it by sending it flying in the garbage can! No more problems with those horns since cause they were replaced with a Stebel! Those stock horns can be pretty anemic when you need to get someone's attention.

Brian

Yeh! I adjusted mine also, not long after purchasing my RSV. I adjusted it by sending it flying in the garbage can! No more problems with those horns since cause they were replaced with a Stebel! Those stock horns can be pretty anemic when you need to get someone's attention.

Brian

Do you run two stebels or just one?

Leonard

I only run one. Believe me, you only need one! A few weeks ago, I used it on a teenage prissy talking on her cell phone and crowding me onto a guardrail. It surprised her so much that she flipped her phone out of the car an it got run over by an 18 wheeler! She gave me the 1 finger salute and commenced to sas me at the next traffic light to which I reminded her that what she was doing was illegal and that I would call the police if she wanted to press the issue further. She flipped me again and raced through a red light, almost running into a passing police cruiser. The rest is history. Sometimes, there is Justice!! I would never own another bike without adding a Stebel.

Brian

I had the same thing happen to me last week on the way home from work, and she didnt even hear that weak excuse for a horn on my bike, I had to brake to avoid being run off the road, when I pulled up next to her she refused to look in my direction and kept yakking on the phone, I thought about following her, but that could have turned ugly for me.......so I let it slide.........no harm, but I sure felt like I was fouled............

I only run one. Believe me, you only need one! A few weeks ago, I used it on a teenage prissy talking on her cell phone and crowding me onto a guardrail. It surprised her so much that she flipped her phone out of the car an it got run over by an 18 wheeler! She gave me the 1 finger salute and commenced to sas me at the next traffic light to which I reminded her that what she was doing was illegal and that I would call the police if she wanted to press the issue further. She flipped me again and raced through a red light, almost running into a passing police cruiser. The rest is history. Sometimes, there is Justice!! I would never own another bike without adding a Stebel.

Brian

Before I got the Venture, the first Mod I did to my Suzuki was the Stebel. Then, it was one of the initial changes to my Venture. What I want to know, some of you have changed out the horn in the lower left fairing. I can't even hear that horn. Would the stebel fit in there without problems? Also do you need to use a second relay and inline fuse for the horn?

MIKE aka Uturn

I'm not sure about fitment but I'm sure there is room in there. I would use two separate relays since these horns draw lots of power. This would be no biggee since I would fire the front relay from the power to the front horn, same as the rear horn. Just go direct to the battery for the compressor and have an inline fuse or an auxillary fuse box for all those extra "toys". I'm not sure if a standard horn relay would last very long firing off 2 of these cannons!

Brian

I tossed the stock horns and installed a set of Rivco air horns that hang under the swing arms. I added a set of Fiamm extra loud electric horns inside the fairing. I also hooked the horn up to make the passing lamps flash.

Sometimes you just can't be too paranoid.