IGNORED

Buying a starter

emtdouggood

Hey Doug,

Before you go ripping out that starter you may want to take a look at the right side handlebar switch. This contains your "run/stop" and "starter" switches. Remove the two Phillips Head screws on the bottom of the unit, clean BOTH switches with contact cleaner, and put a "dab" of dielectric grease on the contacts. Next, if you don't plan on upgrading the battery cables in the near future, Remove BOTH battery terminals from the battery, wire brush them, use a dab of dielectric grease on them and reinstall. Next follow the ground terminal down to the right side of the engine, remove the bolt, wire brush BOTH sides of the terminal end, scrape the paint from the engine case, wire brush the bolt and any washers and reinstall. If you are feeling "frisky" do the same thing to the end of the positive cable where it connects to the starter. I have a good used starter, and I can order a rebuild kit and either rebuild yours or rebuild one of the used ones I have here at my shop. If any of this sounds interesting, please feel free to PM me. If you have other questions, PM me as well.:thumbsup2:

Earl