IGNORED

Peyton Manning............

DragonRider

I have met Archie and talked with him, he is a super genuine gentleman, I have always held him and his family in the highest regard, my mother even said he was the only real Saint on that woeful team.....................But I couldnt pass that one up....

I am also pretty sure that if they had to loose to somebody he would want it to have been the Saints..........

Lewis, that was a good twist of the knife. But he sure did !!!!!!!!!

I think Manning watched Brett Favre too close in the playoff game. What's up with these other QBs helping out the Saints? :confused24:

Anyway, it was a good game (until then) and I'm even happy for the Saints since they hadn't been there before.

Happy for you too Lewis, you picked good.....:bowdown:

:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

And if you watch the play again there should have been a flag. Manning was setting up to at least try to make a takle and was blocked from the back. Last time I heard they called that a clipping.

David

PS. and no Im not a Maning fan or a fan of his team . Im a Dolphins fan. Just think that the game should have been called fare , not for the team with a story.

As much as I was rooting for the Colts here is my take on it. Last 5 minutes 30 seconds, I just didn't see a sense of urgency like they wanted to win. At that point I would have expected to see hurry up offense. Instead they were straggling up to the line like they had another 30 minutes to play. I know they are known for clock management and keeping their cool, but that was a bit extreme if that is what they were trying to do. So either they were trying to stick to clock management and it backfired or they just gave up trying to win.

Here is the scenario I would imagine: 5 min. 30 seconds to play, hurry up offense and long bombs down the field. Touchdown. Onside kick recovered by Colts. Hurry up offense and long bombs down the field. Touchdown. Clock runs out and Colts win.

Like I said, just seems like they gave up.

Also I just saw a very quick glimpse of the 1/2 time onside kick. I could of sworn I saw the ball go right through his hands and he didn't touch it. Dunno know, anyone watch the replay again? Great play decision for the Saints to do an onside kick to start the 1/2. You could definetly tell it caught all of them offguard.

Also can't expect to win a game when you let the opposing team gain 7-8 yards on every play.

Edited by Sideoftheroad
on a roll

i think turning point in game wasnt the onside kick, but the touch down the saints didnt get at the end of first half. There was like 1:48 or so left on the clock, and they stopped the colts in 3 downs. Got the ball back and still got into position for the field goal. that had to give them alot of confidence. The onside kick to start the second half was icing on the cake.