Not sure if this has been covered before, but I was adding a 3 female aux splitter last night so I had to split the fairing. I don't do it that often, but often enough to were I tried to figure out a solution to not have to remove the lightbar anymore.

This is what I was able to come up with. Not sure if you can get any longer bolts in there.

In my vast collection of bolts and spacers, I found 1 3/4" bolts and 1 1/4" spacer. This leaves 1/2" of thread sticking out. This is also how much thread that is sticking out from the stock bolt and spacer.

So this moves the lightbar out and still looks good IMO.

Only untested thing is to split the fairing again to see if I can remove the fairing w/out unbolting the light bar.

Only untested thing is to split the fairing again to see if I can remove the fairing w/out unbolting the light bar.

Good luck. After I put mine on, I found that I still had to loosen the bolts to let the light bar rotate forward a little in order to get the fairing off. Before I installed my spacer, I could get the fairing off by loosening the bolts enough that the lights would rotate forward (and not have to take them all the way off). I know others have had better luck, but this was my experience.

Not sure if this has been covered before, but I was adding a 3 female aux splitter last night so I had to split the fairing. I don't do it that often, but often enough to were I tried to figure out a solution to not have to remove the lightbar anymore.

This is what I was able to come up with. Not sure if you can get any longer bolts in there.

In my vast collection of bolts and spacers, I found 1 3/4" bolts and 1 1/4" spacer. This leaves 1/2" of thread sticking out. This is also how much thread that is sticking out from the stock bolt and spacer.

So this moves the lightbar out and still looks good IMO.

Look through the forums here for a solid aluminium block that someone is selling that sits between the mount and light bar. it does what you need so you'll never ever have to loosen the bolts ever again.. In my case, too many people munged my lightbar mounting screw holes and I ended up having to use pass through bolts which thanksfully worked out great for my application.. I've had the fairing on and off several times now, never hesitating about the light bar..

Best of Luck

Attached is a picture of the type of light bar spacer that works well..

Some on on the site here made these a long while back but for the life of me I can not remember who it was, however, one could figure out their own measurements and make one fairly easily.

Those aluminum blocks are made really well and work get. Tony does a great job on them. I purchased one and installed it but just did not like the look...since it moved the lower plastic deflectors out also...and I did not like the look. So I took it off and sold it to a member here on the site.

I do not remove my one a week but I have had it off probably close to a dozen times since Oct 2009 installing stuff.

I think you need to see a RSV with one installed so you do not do like me and loose some money in shipping.

It is a personal preference thing.

Those aluminum blocks are made really well and work get. Tony does a great job on them. I purchased one and installed it but just did not like the look...since it moved the lower plastic deflectors out also...and I did not like the look. So I took it off and sold it to a member here on the site.

I do not remove my one a week but I have had it off probably close to a dozen times since Oct 2009 installing stuff.

I think you need to see a RSV with one installed so you do not do like me and loose some money in shipping.

It is a personal preference thing.

I painted mine black so you can't even notice at all.. the lights sit forward a bit more but to me, again a personal preference thing as you said, looks great that way.. I used rubberized rockerpanel guard paint to coat it as it will stick to it no matter way =)