coldinnd

My Bike does not have the factory CD player. I was thinking of putting one in but not quite sure I want to give up the space in my Trunk or saddlebags also curious how well they work on a motorcycle as far as skipping? Was wondering if anyone had any input on

this like if you have 1 and had it to do all over would you install another?:snow:

Had it long ago. Removed it long ago and went with MP3 player. MUCH better and would never go back to the CD changer. It took up too much space, skipped sometimes on rough roads, would have to carry at least 100 cds to match what is stored on my Ipod. :)

my story is the same , had got rid of it, don't miss it.

I have mine in the trunk, mounted up against the front bulkhead, strapped in with a piece of aluminum flat stock, a few pieces of foam rubber to help dampen the shock. Skips a little but not bad. On very hard bumps it will eject the disc cassette. Don't ask me how I know this, but if you drop you bike on to the left crash bars, it spews the discs out of the cassette into the guts of the player an dyou have to field strip the player to extract them.

With the way I mounted mine I can still put two half helmets in the truck.

I paid a premium for the whole kit, clamp, gel holder, and custom fit cable. Mounted it against the trunk bulkhead as was recommended by Yamaha in '05. It skipped a lot. Took up way too much space. Had to carry CDs around. Not worth it, as far as I'm concerned. It's laying around here somewhere. Just something expensive to trip over.

Like many, today I use a "mp3" player. I got a 30 gig hard drive based player that does a lot more codecs than just mp3. I routed an audio and a power wire into the trunk through the hole for the CD wires. I use 8+ hour playlists and let it play. I turn it on and just drop it into the mesh pouch. No problems. It plays through Aux and volume is controlled off of the audio head on the handlebars.

I had a 10 disc sony hanging around and decided I would try it in my 1st gen. I mounted it in the right saddlebag and never had a problem with it skipping unless I hit a really big pothole or really bad railroad crossing.............I have yet to put it back in my bike since I repainted it, but plan on doing so. It actually works better on my bike than the its twin I have in my van.

Better yet, get a Garmin Nuvi 765T (about 240.00 all said and done) which has a built in MP3 player which can use a SD card. I got a 16 Gig SD card and loaded every CD I own and still had 4 Gig left over for other things the garmin can store.Then I got the Buddy Rich cable since this model Garmin is BlueTooth ready, so I can answer phone calls from my cell phone through my helmet head set. This model Garmin also has a head set output, so I use a cable to hook into my MP3 jack in the cassette player to listen to the Garmin MP3 player through the bikes audio system. Now if it will ever warm up enough (I don't have a heated garage) I'll break the faring apart and hook the Buddy Rich cable up!

Had mine for less than one riding season in the trunk where everyone else installed theirs. Too much skipping. After I took it out, I opened up the fairing installed a splitter and ran an extra line to the front of the fairing for mp3. Now that I have GPS w/ built in player I am gonna run it all through GPS. Don't believe the IPOD is waterproof anyway.

I was tugging on the extra cable earlier today and it actually came unplugged :-(. That's ok because I just bought a 3 female splitter today. So I have to open it back up anyway.

I will have one line to the GPS and another line for whatever else I can come up w/.

Like Bummer, mine is collecting dust. It is sitting on one of the shelves in the garage.

My '09 came with the cd player in the left saddlebag. Worked really well, although it did skip on occassion on really bad roads. Finally pulled it out and now use an mp3 player with a splitter from the back of the cassette player. Probably won't put it back in unless the next owner wants it in. Will probably get a gps unit one day that will do the same as the mp3 player.