IGNORED

Centre Stand and MAC exhaust

I have a 1988 Venture Royale with MAC exhaust. Should the centre stand fold and lock in place properly with this exhaust? I notice the original factory exhaust is notched to allow for the stand to clear.....the MAC exhaust isn't. It appears my centre stand foot actuator bar/pedal has been reworked to allow clearance around the exhaust.....but it lacks proper spring tension and there is nothing to lock it tight. With poor spring tension it seems to bounce up and down easily. I have presently tie wrapped it to hold it secure. Please comment or give me direction on this. Thanks. rez

I can't answer your question but I sure have the springs. Every time I bought a first gen stand to build my second gen stands, they came with the spring. I've probably got 60 or 70 of those springs around here. If you need one, just PM me your address and I'll get it to you.

Thanks for the offer. The spring looks ok.........and tension seems ok. But there is something 'wonky' about the stand or maybe the geometry???...I think a previous owner changed something. I will sit tight and see if anyone here responds. I see a stand on ebay right now.......and know of one availably locally....i just need to make sure it will fit and work with my exhaust.

I have a 1988 Venture Royale with MAC exhaust. Should the centre stand fold and lock in place properly with this exhaust? I notice the original factory exhaust is notched to allow for the stand to clear.....the MAC exhaust isn't. It appears my centre stand foot actuator bar/pedal has been reworked to allow clearance around the exhaust.....but it lacks proper spring tension and there is nothing to lock it tight. With poor spring tension it seems to bounce up and down easily. I have presently tie wrapped it to hold it secure. Please comment or give me direction on this. Thanks. rez

Rez,

Check the pipe clamps. When I installed my MACs, I didn't pay attention to the position of the clamps and they extended into the path of the stand holding it down. Repositioned the clamps and everything was OK.

DJ :bang head:

This is the first I've heard of something like this. My thought is, is the rubber center stand buffer pad still mounted on the left muffler? If not it might allow the stand to bounce because it doesn't have anything to rest against. BTW, the center stands are goofy looking, and not symetrical. Your's is probably fine...