IGNORED

dang...bolts are missing.

CMIKE

Last night I pulled the faring to replace my XM antenna and move the XM on to a new RAM mount, so I had to adjust the wiring with that.

I noticed some bolts missing that hold the top trunk on the bike, on the chrome braces that go down to both sides side of the rear fender...:doh:

Holy smokes.

I checked all the rest of them and all of they were loose. I replaced them with some stainless I had on hand till I can do better. I put locktite on all of them.

Over 14000 miles on the bike and just now finding this...

I have lost one seat bolt and now these bolts.

Heads up to all to go check these bolts on your bike before the riding season gets started. .

I am wondering what else I should check? I already got the items listed below

Dog bones on the engine

Chrome trim on the fender tips

Had the mufflers off so they got checked

Had the both front and rear wheels so all that got checked (brakes calipers included)

Tank as been off so that is good

Bags have been of so that has been checked

Fairing off several times along with the passing lights

Risers installed so that has been touched

Checked the bag lid hinges several times and know that is something to check regularly.

What else do I need to check for tightness?

Shift Lever

One thing to do (to keep organized and make sure you don't miss some that the dealer would have put on would be to go through the assmebly instructions and check everything that the dealer would/should have touched...

Or just start at the front (or wherever) and work your way all the way around the bike...