IGNORED

Sixth Gear

abnormalwon

Am looking at some mesh pants with liners for the coming season. Have looked pretty close at the TM Flex and they look good as well as the Fieldsheer. I got wind of a company called Sixth Gear and they have a mesh pant called Stinger. Looks good on line and about half the price of the TM. Anyone had any experience with these? Thanks for the input.

Norm

I have the TM Flex 2, they are great for all year round wear. The pants come with a two liners and an outer layer that zips over the mesh. If the other gear doesn't have that, it might explain the difference in price. Also, not sure where you were shopping, but check out New Enough, they had the best prices I could find, and they kick back some money to the site.

I picked up a Field Shear mesh jacket with liner off Ebay for $60 bucks. New with tags. Like it a lot and have used it on some really hot rides. I'm sure the other mesh's are equally as good. Shop around... mesh is mesh, I don't care what fancy name they put on it.. Protective padding may differ.

I have the TM Flex 2, they are great for all year round wear. The pants come with a two liners and an outer layer that zips over the mesh....

+1 I have these are well. Best all season all around pant I have found. I previously owned a pair of mesh, a pair of non-mesh with winter lining and Frogg Toggs for rain gear. Now I just use the Flex 2.

Although the Sixth Gear is listed as having a liner, I would be leery of that being that warm. Seems like the air coming through the mesh would defeat some of the protection. You might want to see if anyone else uses mesh with a liner. When it comes time for the liner, I have already put on the outer layer to my Flex pants.

Thanks folks for the input so far. I have two locations nearby that carry either the sixth gear or the TM as well as various other brands. I am hoping that these folks will start getting some inventory in soon so I can visit and actually feel them and try them on. Went to the Great American Bike Show this past weekend here near Atlanta and no one had any mesh pants. Tons of mesh jackets but no pants???? Most blamed the lack of inventory due to being January, however Home Depot and Lowes are already pushing yard maintenance stuff. Like Duh, this is the south and by golly spring could break out any moment here!

Anyway, will continue to investigate and keep ya'lls words of wisdom close at hand also. The waiting to go buy some bike gear kinda sucks but hopefully the patience will pay off.

Norm

Again, appreciate the input. Stopped by my local shop and they had a pair of the Flex on hand, way too small but I did get to look them over well. Was impressed but still had to bite hard at the posted price (right at $200 out the door). Though they didn't have my size in the parts manager told me to shop around and if I found a better price let him know and he would see what he could do. Well, I did some more shopping and then went back to the manager to discuss exactly what he could do, I had set in my mind that if I could get a pair out the door for under 180 I would go for it. So I asked him to give me his best price and lets see what we could do. He did some finagling and came back with a little over $30 off (out the door), well he had me and now I am waiting the arrival of my new pants. Plus if they do end up being the wrong size, they will send them back for a new size for me, no shipping costs, yahoo!!!

Now I am getting the Cadillac of pants at a Chevy price!