IGNORED

Barrett Auto Auction Fantasy Bidding

Freebird

Do any of you get into the fantasy bidding on the Barrett Auto Auctions? I have never done it before but did for a while yesterday. It is actually kind of fun. If you are the closest and faster bidder on one of the selected cars, you can win a 32 gig Ipod. If you are the highest total points of the day, you win a 32 inch LCD TV and if you are the highest points winner for the entire 4 day auction, you win a full entertainment center.

I would never have the time to sit, watch and bid on close to 40 hours worth of the auctions but it was fun doing it for a few hours yesterday. I didn't win anything but was close enough on the 4 that I did bid on that I earned a good many points. Had I played all day and did as well as I did on those four, I would have been near the top in the daily standings.

Kind of fun but time consuming. I love watching what those cars bring though and realizing that I would have been sitting on a gold mine had I hung onto my two '69 Camaros, my 74 Dodge Challenger, my 454 Chevelle SS, my 1970 Buick GSX 455, my '71 Chevy Super Cheyenne short/wide bed truck with factory tach dash and etc. and several other cars from the past. Also Eileen once had a '68 Mustang convertible...that would do very well also.

I watch it as much as I can. I have never done the fantasy bids. Like you, if I had kept all my cars, I would be sitting on a gold mine too.

I would rather be there in person one time...just to actually see all these beautiful vehicles. Then again, maybe not...I may get caught up in the excitement and actually start bidding on something...then end up in the doghouse...LOL!

hey don, you had some cool cars. i wish i still had the ones i had. a 39 ford coupe, 63 chevy supersport 327 4spd, 64 gto tri power 4 spd , two 67 gtos, two 55 chevies one with a 454. oh, and the best one of all, my first car, a 49 crosely wagon with a normally asperated 45 cubic inch overhead cam four banger. lol :)

As much fun as it is to watch on TV, it's nothing like being there in person. The atmosphere is electric. So much to see and so little time. Glad I got to do it this week.

Mary really liked this one. It sold for a mere $44,000.

gary, linda and i watched almost the whole auction. wish you would have hogged the camera and waved at us. we might make it there one of these days. worlds biggest car show. :2133: